Don't Tell Him He's A Lurcher

Guest haaky378

Guest haaky378

Hi all; I'm relatively new to greytalk, and my first post was begging for advice about diarrhea (happily resolved). So I thought I should more properly introduce myself and Telly. I've had him about a month and it has been a blast. The group I got him from was having trouble placing him because he's a mix. I fell in love with him, and I think what he lacks in true greyhound speed and grace he makes up for with enthusiasm. :P

I've yet to get a consensus on just what he is mixed with. Any guesses? Lab or Golden seems to be the most likely culprit.

face.jpg

relaxing.jpg

standing.jpg

He looks all greyhound to me and is nearly a twin to my Gracie. Very handsome!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest EmilyAnne

If he's a mix, then he defnately has a very high percentage of grey in him. Here's what my grey mix looks like:

100_0796-1-1.jpg

You can see his face in my siggy. His ears are floppy which really gives away that he is a mixed breed. Also snout is shorter, and he's not quite as narrow.

Looks like maybe you have an untattooed purebred. He may be a little on the stocky side, but I've had two NGA hounds who were built just like that.

Whatever the case may be, he's a looker! :)

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Add me to the list also, I think he is all grey. He's beautiful too.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest sweetpea
relaxing.jpg

standing.jpg

Your dog

my dog

sweetpea016.jpg

weddingdog014.jpg

I think your dog might be one of those rare and unusual greyhound x greyhound mixes!

Welcome!

Buzzy and the lovely and glad-to-be-a-visual-aide Sweetpea

The DNA site made me giggle a little. One of the mom's to a little mate of my un-tattoo'd almost coyote hunting greyhound, came from a fawn and white tattoo'd greyhound, and when they did the DNA....they said the pup was Italian greyhound, Border Collie and something like Rotweiller or maybe pit bull...something like that.

She is 36 inches at the shoulders and if she is not a greyhound looking creature there is no greyhound. I thought it was funny that even tho we know who her mom is and I am sitting here looking right at them both, and the dad was greyhound, but he might have been 1/8 something else....they could not detect greyhound in the DNA.

I would send a picture but she is soooooooooooooooo not photogenic.\

But I must say...Lurcher or no lurcher....that is a very attractive pup.

Guest haaky378

Wow, that is quite a convincing visual. Thanks :colgate They told me he was probably 75% grey, with the little differences being his ears and head a little wider and his tail a little shorter and thicker. Also his tail curves straight up when he's running, like a flag. He seems to have more stamina (ran for two straight hours at the dog park this weekend), but still seems to sleep just as much. But it sounds like he can be accepted as a least an honorary grey, which he will be pleased to hear.

The DNA site made me giggle a little. One of the mom's to a little mate of my un-tattoo'd almost coyote hunting greyhound, came from a fawn and white tattoo'd greyhound, and when they did the DNA....they said the pup was Italian greyhound, Border Collie and something like Rotweiller or maybe pit bull...something like that.

She is 36 inches at the shoulders and if she is not a greyhound looking creature there is no greyhound. I thought it was funny that even tho we know who her mom is and I am sitting here looking right at them both, and the dad was greyhound, but he might have been 1/8 something else....they could not detect greyhound in the DNA.

I would send a picture but she is soooooooooooooooo not photogenic.\

But I must say...Lurcher or no lurcher....that is a very attractive pup.

Really? So they are not accurate after all? Hmmm...good to know.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I think he might just be an un-tatooed purebred greyhound, too. He looks a lot like my boy Iberia, who is at the bridge now. He was a shorter, stockier grey. Thing about NGA hounds is that since they are bred for performance and stamina VS appearance, they do vary a bit in looks.

Edited to add, oops, forgot to say that whatever his ancestry, he's beautiful!

Edited by FullMetalFrank

He's mixed with gorgeous! :wub: Welcome :welcome

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis