Otc Wormer?

greg1229

Ok, I don't know how new this is but have I came across an over the counter wormer at Petco and have been seeing it on one of my pet supply sites called WormX.

This is info on it from the company website:

WormXPlus™ for Dogs

is the first chewable tablet available over the counter that treats and prevents roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina), hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense and Uncinaria stenocephala) and the two most common forms of tapeworm (Dipylidium caninum and Taenia pisiformis). Dogs prefer the pork liver flavor, making WormXPlus tablets easy and convenient to give as part of a regular monthly deworming schedule.

Active Ingredients:

Each large dog flavored chewable contains 114 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 114 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight(5 mg/kg).

So far none of my fosters have had worm issues And they are tested and treated for tapeworm before they come into foster care. But I would like to have something just in case. Out here in the desert about the only worm issue we have is tapeworm. But with dogs coming in from other parts of the country there is a chance for hookworm and roundworm.

Like to get feedback from everyone before I get some.

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

I have used both OTC liquid and pills..I had to get Jax wormed when she was a pup and I asked the vet to worm the other dogs..(older) and she said to just use the OTC for them. It did just fine...or they didn't have them...but it was advised by the vet.

Edited by GreyAcresMom

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

You can get Panacur on Amazon or other petsites without a script. You can also get Drontal from AU sites like Pets-Mega-Store.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****