Do White Greys Shed More Than Darker Ones?

Guest jupiterooos

Guest longdogs

The paler and longer the hair, the worse it shows up. Nugget's pale fawn hair used to get everywhere. William's brindle didn't seem quite so bad and Angel's short fluffy blue wool really doesn't show much except where she has been rubbing against pale furnishings. Nugget did produce more volume but she was bigger and her hair was long and thick. They actually shed more less the same.

My white girl, Bea, has a short silky coat and sheds very little and the same with my other three, a black boy, dark brindle girl and black and white girl. Now get them in the vets and they all blow their coats like mad. Kids2.jpg

Guest jackjack
I've found that it isn't necessarily the color, but if they have 'bunny' fur...that really soft fur, it seems to shed more. however, I've only felt bunny fur in white and light brindle hounds :)

Absolutely! Our white/red brindle boy Jack has 'bunny' fur.. and it's EVERYWHERE. It doesn't matter what time of the year it is either. Our other big shedder is Dave (red brindle boy). His fur is much coarser, but Dave has the dreaded greyhound 'double coat.' I didn't know such a thing existed in greys before adopting Dave. His undercoat is very light fawn and, twice a year, he blows it! Lots of vacuuming going on at our house.

Edited by jackjack

My black girl, Lizzie, is my very worst shedder. She starts six weeks before the rest of them and keeps going. I can't believe she's not bald!!! Stel, my red and white, is my bunny-furred girl and she's probably the second worst. Lewis, a brindle, has a longer, coarser coat and he sheds some, but not too bad. Hitchie, a brindle and white, is slick as can be and barely sheds at all.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)