Really Need Good Thoughts And Prayers For Bonnie Twist

Guest K9Cookies

Oh no. Kristin, I am thinking of you and Bonnie and sending lots of hugs and good thoughts.

I hope the CCNU helps somehow - we're all rooting for you sweet Miss Bonnie Twist!! :goodluck:hope:candle:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Kristin - hang in there :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone. Bonnie's lymph nodes feel a little better this morning (dose of pred given this AM).

I called the vet's office to see if they thought I should bring her in, even though our regular vet is out of town. A vet tech spoke to the vet who did the chemo this past week for us. He said he didn't want to step in and make changes, since we already know we'll be switching to this back-up protocol. We'll just keep our appointment for this coming Tuesday and plan on switching meds. She's eating great and acting fine, so that is encouraging.

Keep the power of GT coming! I'll keep you updated.

What a rollercoaster ride. Bonnie's a fighter, no doubt about it. Always in our prayers and we'll keep a candle lit for her. Thanks for the update!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Bonnie, you are an amazing little girl. And you are still in our prayers---and your Mom too!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest twilliams

We send many good thoughts and prayers for Miss Bonnie, you, & Drew. Bonnie has done so well!! She has an amazing spirit and is such a fighter. Hugs to all. :bighug

Holding steady today (Saturday morning). :unsure No other problems. We were planning on driving to D.C. tomorrow for the Greyhound Planet Walk, and I think we'll still do that if things are about the same for the rest of the day.

I did make the decision to not sell treats at Dewey. :( I'll be going to Dewey by myself and the plan is to take just Bonnie with me. We'll relax, make a lot of memories and take a lot of pictures. I can still take pre-orders for treats, but I don't want to be baking non-stop for the next month. We need to keep an eye on our girl and keep fighting for silly Bon-Bon!!! :D

You and Bonnie are in our continuing thoughts and prayers..

I'm hoping and praying this is just a bump in the road and nothing else. :grouphug

Ditto this for sure!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I was so glad to read the update... Good girl Bonnie, you may be a small girl but you're so strong. :yay

You're in our thoughts daily, and so is your mum :):bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest HersheysMom
Thank you everyone. Bonnie's lymph nodes feel a little better this morning (dose of pred given this AM).

I called the vet's office to see if they thought I should bring her in, even though our regular vet is out of town. A vet tech spoke to the vet who did the chemo this past week for us. He said he didn't want to step in and make changes, since we already know we'll be switching to this back-up protocol. We'll just keep our appointment for this coming Tuesday and plan on switching meds. She's eating great and acting fine, so that is encouraging.

Keep the power of GT coming! I'll keep you updated.

That's great news!

Well, Bonnie did great on the Greyhound Planet Walk today in DC. It was fairly warm and sunny towards the end, but she hung in there. :blush She wasn't the only one tiring out. We all were! :lol I'll post some pics tomorrow.

We got an email from our vet yesterday. He was going to forward my email updates to Dr. Couto. Sounds like they want to start her on the CCNU "rescue" chemo this Tuesday. :( I have no idea what that entails. I assume it's given by injection or IV at the vet's office, but I don't know how often. :dunno We'll hear the details on Tuesday morning.

I'm sad, but in denial at the same time right now, I think. Everything had been going so well. We're enjoying everyday with our spunky girl. We could have stayed home today, but decided to get out of the house and meet up with lots of other people and hounds. I'm glad we did. We'll keep making more memories for as long as Bonnie is able. :) She still had enough energy to go crazy with a hedgehog tonight! :P

Thanks for the good thoughts. Fingers crossed. :goodluck

Edited by KRKWMU

I believe CCNU is always given orally. You could give it yourself at home.

Things could've changed in the past 2 years. I haven't seen any references to it being given any other way though.

Many many hugs. Glad your girlie had a nice walk :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Angel LaceyLaine's CCNU was done at home. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.