New Grey Mom

Guest kandipez

Hi, from Florida! :welcome2

I'm fairly new to the site myself, and I don't currently have a grey (will be adopting soon, though)....so, no advice from me. But, I did want to welcome you and let you know that this group will demand pictures of Cindy.....apparently, it's in the :rules;)

Guest AaronsMom

Welcome from Delaware! Congrats! I just adopted my first greyhound (have had many dogs in the past) March 1st.

My biggest pointer - spend some time on this forum, search through old posts, you can really get lost in the information! I started with only greyhound related - first behavioral, then medical, etc, and now try and monitor the site once every day when possible. (And now even monitor the fun stuff too!).

Don't be afraid to ask any question - if you can think of an easy search term, try the search function as well and you might find your answer in a previous post. Have fun with the forum!

I am new to the site and adopted my brindle girl Cindy three weeks ago. I live in the Chicagoland area. Does anybody have helpful pointers for a newbie?

I do! I do!!!

Even if you don't think you need to, buy and read the Patricia McConnell booklet, "I'll be home soon." This deals with preventing and curing separation anxiety issues.

That's the #1 tip I wish I had gotten before I adopted my boy!

Welcome!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest kandipez

I do! I do!!!

Even if you don't think you need to, buy and read the Patricia McConnell booklet, "I'll be home soon." This deals with preventing and curing separation anxiety issues.

That's the #1 tip I wish I had gotten before I adopted my boy!

Thanks! That actually has been an issue for me. I did all the alone training that I was taught but she still frantically barks when I leave for work.

Congratulations on your new pup!!!!!! and Welcome to Greytalk, what type of information are you looking for, please ask away this is a very helpful forum, with lots of people that are eager to help. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter