Greetings From Maryland!

Guest SLM4956

Guest SLM4956

Well, I was feeling inadequate and wondering if I was considered a "bad parent" for a greyhound. So I bit the bullet and called our Home Visitor. I did in fact slip through the cracks! Evidently my report was not sent to the Adoption Coordinator. WHEW! I feel so much better!! :rolleyes: I felt a little like a nag for calling, but now I am glad that I did!!! I was told that we had a bit of a rush put on our review due to the error, so hopefully we will hear something soon! The waiting is the worst!

Thanks to all who suggested checking in with the agency! It worked!! :colgate

Guest RICHandJUDE

I am glad that your report 'simply fell through the cracks'. I am sure you will be approved in the very near future. YOU WILL LOVE YOUR NEW ADDITION.

We had a greyhound that lived to be 15 1/2. We had to put her down 3 years ago. We now have 2 greyts. They are the sweetest little creatures. They both ALWAYS try to please DW and I. I have spent many a nights (during storms) sleeping on the living room floor with both of them. They love to take nightly walks and love to ride in the van. Yes, as Lilysmom said, we bought a Dodge Grand Caravan just so we could haul them around. They are both spoiled. One of them is passing the 'stinkiest' gas as I am typing this. But I would not change anything for a million dollars.

Richard

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida! :welcome

What an exciting time for you!!

We adopted our first GH 9 months ago and it's definitely one of the best things we've ever done. Plus, the people on this site are amazing and are great sources of info.

Please keep us posted and don't forget we love pictures around here, so come back and share some with us!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

:welcome2 Hi and welcome from So Cal!!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 2 weeks later...
OMG!! We got the call last night! Our girl is coming!! her name is AnnaMarie and she is a 60 lb Brindle Female :colgate Our Adoption Coordinator said that she is a sweet and dainty girl who loves cats !! YEAH!! We are picking her up late Satruday afternoon...I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!! I have waited so long for my very own Greyhound!! DH is happy too!! :colgate Will post pics and an update when we get her!!

that she is a sweet and dainty girl who loves cats !!

Not just for breakfast, right? :P

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of her :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

WOW!! What an exciting adventure!! MN's Anna Marie is home!! She has been absolutely amazing!! :colgate Both DH & I are thrilled with her demeanor and attitude!! She is a joy!! She is a little odd looking.....she is missing 1/2 an ear!! :weep

It was kind of funny actually...There were 3 other dogs adopted and they were all stunningly beautiful. And then out comes our little girl. DH said OMG she has half an ear LOL She was very stressed and seemed a little off. On the ride home, she settled down nicely and has been a gem ever since!!

She is doing great with the cats, except for when they got her attention and she actually stood up...LOL They flipped and scattered! They have been in and out of the living room watching her so we are hopeful......

We did receive her Bertillion Card with the adoption papers, which was exciting! She was born 3/18/05. Her sire was Asti Axel and her dam was Hi Candy Cain. The ear that was ripped off had her NGA# in it (Does anyone know if this may have been the reason for her retirement??) She was not a very good racer, apparently she ran 35 races and only won 1. That's okay with us though...She is a winner in our hearts :clap

Here she is .....

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d708b3...3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d708b3...3D550/ry%3D400/

(sorry am having troubles posting from Shutterfly...watched the tutorial and checked the thread...still not computing in my brain! :( )