Nelly Update

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves
Take a look at your girl. Is she saying she's miserable or hey, let's go walkies!? Use her as your guide, and go ahead and feel better about her life! It can't hurt, and it might very well help!

:bighug

Thank you all so much. We're trying to learn how to do the above. :) She's had a few really good days in a row, and we won't know anything "official" until Friday, so we're hoping like heck for a calm week. I have fallen really far behind in my work, and tho' of course I don't begrudge Nelly the attention, she doesn't need me to worry about her 24/7, right?

Oh--here's something kind of fun that happened yesterday... Last year, Nella had surgery to repair an ear hematoma, and she had to wear this plastic patch stitched to her ear, plus an e-collar, for five weeks while it healed. We're active in our local Renaissance Fair, and since we didn't want to crate her with or without the e-collar, we ended up just taking her with us to Fair for the last three weekends. Well, yesterday was opening day, and DH's parents came down to help take our minds off things. Nelly watched us all get our Renaissance outfits on, and got so excited, thinking she was going with us! We weren't sure she was up to it, but tomorrow DH and I will take her out there, find a shady spot to sit, and just hang out and watch everyone for an hour or so.

Stephaine I am sending lots of prayers and gentle ear scritches for Nelly. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg