Goodbye For Now Dempsey

Guest HeatherDemps

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytmonty

I am just seeing this now as we were away. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you loved Dempsey, it came through in everything you wrote about your journey together. He was truly loved and he must have felt that even at the end .

You are in my thoughts.

Guest HeatherDemps

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and messages. The past week has been pretty difficult, particularly yesterday as it marked one week since we had to say goodbye to Dempsey. I still have my routine with Peyton, my IG, but it feels very wrong to not have Dempsey part of that routine as well. My morning ritual is greatly shortened without having Dempsey here to tend to his needs. Peyton doesn't greet me at the door at all now. He would usually come out from the bed covers when he'd hear Dempsey getting excited that we were home. Without Dempsey now, I have to go drag him out from the bed. I miss seeing Demspey's face at the kitchen window and hearing him whine as he greeted us and trotted over the the front door to sniff us. I haven't been able to move or get rid of any of his belongings and I carry his collar in my purse for now.

I agreed to have the autopsy done since he was in a cancer study and the results might help other dogs. We should know the results in another week or so and I hope it brings some closure. Dempsey's body would have been picked up from the clinic yesterday for cremation so we will hopefully have him back home with us soon. Perhaps that will bring some more peace to us. I'm not crying nonstop anymore but the tears still come several times a day with the wish that the time to say goodbye hadn't come so soon.

Thank you again for all of your support. The understanding and kindness have been of comfort to me this week.

Heather

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dempsey is smiling down upon you from the Rainbow Bridge thanking you for everything you did for him.

Godspeed Dempsey.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Guest Ruby2sday

Heather, I just learned this morning about your loss of Dempsey. You had such kind words when we lost Echo to osteo in March, and I want to express my deepest sympathy to you. You gave Dempsey many good months, and he knew the depth of your love for him when the time came for you to say goodbye. Run free, sweet Dempsey!

f_yellowf_yellow

Yvonne

Guest luvRgreys

Oh Heather, I just found this thread. I lost my Bingo yesterday and the tears won't stop! She had mammary gland cancer removed 1 year ago in August and we thought it had not spread. She became very short of breath, took her to the vet and chest x-rays showed 2 tumors in her heart/lung cavity. She was in distress and the vet said we had to let her go.

I know you did your best for Dempsey, so please don't second guess youself, that's what I am doing now and it's killing me.

Godspeed Dempsey and dear Bingo!