Dempsey Not Well

Guest HeatherDemps

Oh no, I am so sorry. He was such a trooper for so long.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, not another baby. I'm so sorry about Dempsey. Know that he is whole again and watching over you.

God, they are all so special.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so VERY Sorry!!!!!!!!!!! :f_pink My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, you were the best mommy and Dempsey will one day meet you at the gate with a new body, free of cancer. God Bless You!

:gh_run2 Run Free Dempsey

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 You made the best decision possible for your best boy, sparing him more suffering and panic. He was such a trooper. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Dempsey... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Dear Heather,

I just read about Dempsey. My heart breaks for you. It sounds exactly like what happened with Carrier. One second he was fine and the next he wasn't.

I know you are wondering if you did the right thing at the right time. I beat myself up for weeks afterwards thinking that we should have tried another drug or got another opinion... but time was not on our side - we had to make a choice - he was getting worse, fast. Carrier pulled his leg away as the vet was going to give the injection. That still haunts me... was he telling us something? Carrier had a lot of medical things going on... he had cancer, we knew we weren't going to cure him. On top of it, his heart was weak. Had we tried one more thing, how long would he have been with us? All of these questions were tearing me up inside. But as I go through the list of things that he was battling, it also brings me peace to know that he's not battling all of those things anymore. You did the right thing for your boy... right from the beginning when you decided that he was up for the challenge of fighting this awful disease. He fought hard.

I am so sorry and wish I could be there to give you a big hug. You are in my thoughts.

Run free sweet Dempsey. Find Carrier and live life...together watching down on us.

hugs,

eva

Edited by LadyBailey

Oh, no. I'm so sorry.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Oh, Heather, I'm crying for you because I know how much you love him, and how hard both of you have fought. You know, you and Dempsey are 2 of my heroes. I'm so, so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Sassifrass

Prayers and good thoughts for Dempsey! I had a similar situation with my 13 year old Faye last week. She was fine and then suddenly lost the use of her back legs. After four days in the hospital, all kinds of tests, we got no diagnosis.

The good news is that she came home over the weekend on Prednisone and is improving every day. Faye is able to walk on her own, with a sling under her belly just in case. Just a while ago I was in the kitchen and Faye came walking calmly into the room to let me know it was time for a walk! She is now able to rise on her own and requires very little support when she squats to pee! :blush

Please talk with your vet about steriods! I was seriously putting Faye to sleep last weekend and now she is almost back to normal.

I'm so sorry! I hadn't read all of the posts when I responded. I know that you did all that you could for your beloved boy!

Heather I'm so sorry and sad for you. Of course you did the right thing for your beloved boy. You gave him a home full of love and fought this battle with him till the fighting was done. Then you let him run free with all the angels healthy and happy to wait till you meet again. And the magic of that is that he will be nestled just under your heart till that time comes. There is no more a beloved friend would ask of us. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I am so very sorry Heather. Please know that you and your faimly are in our prayers and thoguhts. Please post in Remembance when you are able.

untitled.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****