Dempsey Not Well

Guest HeatherDemps

Guest HeatherDemps

Dempsey is gone. We had to let him go about an hour ago and just got back home from U of I. I'm numb but my heart is shattering into little pieces. I don't think it has fully hit me. I felt at peace when I made the decision and knew if we pushed it further, it would be about me and not him.

An xray did not show another osteo tumor etc. I couldn't leave him in ICU for more meds and tests. He was in such a panic with being back there. There were no guarentees and with him only having 3 legs and being 12.5, I don't think he would have fully come back from this.

He was such a good, good boy and I told him that and that I loved him and that I'll see him again. I pray that I really did make the right decision. The is the first pet I've had to make the choice for and he was with me over 9 years. God, I love this dog.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support.

Hugs,

Heather

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 I am so sorry! :grouphug:grouphug Only you know Dempsey, you did what you felt was the right thing to do...no second guessing :grouphug:grouphug Dempsey is running healthy whole and free with the rest of our Angels. May the love you shared together help heal your broken heart.

:f_red

Guest Morgaynn

I was really hoping Demsey would pull through. I'm sorry that you had to let him go, but he is now running young and free again! :bighug:f_red:bighug:gh_run

Heather, I'm so sorry you had to let him go. Sometimes the right thing to do is by far the hardest.

Godspeed, gallant boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Heather...you made the right decision...you and Dempsey both know that. I know how you are feeling...it seems in my case there is always that guessing...did we go too soon...too late? Remember Dempsey is not gone...he is away in a beautiful place surrounded by our Angels where he runs and plays on all 4...Where he watches over you...he thanks you for not letting him suffer. His spirit is with you always until you meet again. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest tennesseegrey

Your story is exactly what happened with my Rosie just 4 weeks ago. I certainly pray for your heart to heal. You really did do the right thing, you would have hated to see Dempsey live unable to get up on his legs and walk and it would have been so hard on him. He's running free now and enjoying his new life and you'll be together with him again soon. :gh_runner

My heart goes out to you. He was a wonderful dog. May you find peace and comfort as you begin your journey.

Soar High Dempsey.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry Heather :cry1

Run and play Dempsey :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Just seeing this and my heart is broken along with yours.....May God embrace you and comfort you at this heartbreaking hour. I'm so sorry.

Runfree Dempsey....you are whole again sweet boy. Your mommy loves you like crazy and it shows.

:f_red So many broken hearts. Dempsey was so lucky to have you as his mom. His needs always came first. I am so very sorry, but he runs free of all pain. May you find comfort. God speed Dempsey

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless