Dempsey Not Well

Guest HeatherDemps

Guest HeatherDemps

I'm so scared right now.... came home from work to Dempsey not being able to get up off his bed well. I took him outside and he couldn't walk well out there, his left back leg kept knuckling under. I got him to the vet and he was able to walk a little there and pee. X-rays of the back end don't show any lesions or obvious problems. He got a pain shot and we are waiting to hear back from U of I about the med he is on (double blind study and it is either placebo or Piroxicam). My vet wants to give an antiinflamatory med (starts with an "M") but we can't until we find out if he's on placebo or med.....

We're at home now and he seems to be worse. I don't know if it is the med (something along lines of morphine) or if he is worse. We took him outside and back legs are now both knuckling under and he can only sit up.

He was fine this morning- he even jumped up on the bed.... now this. I don't know how it could have happened so quickly or what's going on. I don't know if it's from being older and being a tripod or if there is something neurological or if there's something wrong with his back. I feel like I don't know what to do for my dog and I'm so afraid that it's getting close to having to say goodbye. No matter how much you know it'll come at some point, it just always seems too soon....

Will keep you all updated....

Heather

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:hope

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You have my prayers. Come on Dempsey fight.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sending lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Yikes! :eek You're doing everything possible to obtain information and find relief for your sweetie. Sending loads of prayers and light to Demps, and hugs to you. :hope:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Praying for a much better day tomorrow. Keep fighting sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh Heather, I know that with osteo, you are always waiting "for the other shoe to drop", so anything out of the ordinary is scary. And I don't blame you for being scared. But since he was fine in the morning, I just think he is going to bounce back from this. But, of course, your brave boy is always in our prayers, and especially when he encounters a bump in the road.

I love GreyTzu's "healing hands"! That is just what I'm visualizing right now---lots of white light, lots of healing thoughts, lots of prayers. Give Dempsey a gentle hug, and please let us know how he's doing.

Be strong, sweet boy---we love you!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm hoping to read much better news when I get back here later today :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!