Ahhhh! Finally Found Out About My Grey

DevilDog

Well i recieved the big phonecall from the adoption director lastnight, the information on what dog I'm adopting!

His racing name is Country Ferullo and he's a 70lb red brindle. 3 years old this past May 11th. I've been told he's cat/child safe and is a sociable, easy-going and very sweet boy.

That's all I know.. I've looked him up on Greyhound-data but there is no picture. :(

But I'm so excited! September 19th will not come fast enough.

Just thought I'd share. :colgate

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

I do have a question.. I know it might be hard to tell but..

I'd like to order a nice martingale collar before he arrives. I've noticed that there is sizing involved.. knowing that he is 70 lbs, is there a way to find out what size his neck may be based on this info? Others out there with 70ish lb boys, what size in inches are your dogs necks? Or better, what size collars do you order?

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe

First of all, congratulations! :yay

As far as collar size, I think you can make a pretty good guess-timate on size. I would look on some collar web sites because each vendor has a different way of doing it--some are one size only and completely adjustable.

Seamus weighs 80 pounds, and his neck circumference is 20 inches. He can comfortably wear a one-size, adjustable collar.

Edited to add: Is he in a foster home? Perhaps you can call the adoption director and ask if they can measure his neck. :)

Edited by Shaysmom
S.jpg

Guest houndstooth4

Most of the martingales we get are adjustable, so you should be pretty okay on guestimating his size.

Congratulations on getting your new boy soon!

Guest IrskasMom

CONGRATULATIONS :yay:confetti:yay:confetti:yay:confetti We are just as excited and anxious as you are .

It's greyt you found that Boy and us. We WELCOME you . To see Pictures of your Boy is always a PLUS :digicam

Guest greytelectric
CONGRATULATIONS :yay:confetti:yay:confetti:yay:confetti We are just as excited and anxious as you are .

It's greyt you found that Boy and us. We WELCOME you . To see Pictures of your Boy is always a PLUS :digicam

PICTURES!!! PICTURES!!! PICTURES!!!

At 70 lbs, he will most likely need a size Medium (99% sure unless he has a linebacker neck. :))

Congrats!! :confetti:yay:confetti

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Lucius is 75 lbs....size 16 inch neck

Timmy is 72 lbs - size 15.5 inch neck

Get an adjustable for the first one....usually size medium. It ranges often from 15-18 inches and you should be fine.

Congrats! :confetti

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest MAXNAV
Well i recieved the big phonecall from the adoption director lastnight, the information on what dog I'm adopting!

His racing name is Country Ferullo and he's a 70lb red brindle. 3 years old this past May 11th. I've been told he's cat/child safe and is a sociable, easy-going and very sweet boy.

That's all I know.. I've looked him up on Greyhound-data but there is no picture. :(

But I'm so excited! September 19th will not come fast enough.

Just thought I'd share. :colgate

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you enjoy your guy as much as I have enjoyed mine. Doesn't the adoption group have a picture of your boy? It drives me nuts that Greyhound-data doesn't have pictures of all the dogs.

Congradulations Lisa I know you are excited. Hope to see you in the area with your new boy.

I think there is a picnic in Oct being planned by the local group. Once I know the details I could let you know. Bark in the Park is held in Chesapeake on Oct. 5, lots of fun, vendors, food etc.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

^^That sounds fun! Please let me know! :)

And I've emailed the adoption director and asked for a picture. She's going to ask the... well whoever is at the track that handles this stuff, to take a picture for me.

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Guest DarkHorse

Can you get in contact with the owner via grey-data? He or she might be able to tell you a lot more about your boy and might even be able to tell you his neck size. I know Dex was a bit under 70 pounds when we got him and he was about a 13-15 inch neck from what I remember of how his collar fit. Maybe ask whoever you buy the martingale from if you can return it for the next size up or down if it doesn't fit.

We're waiting until we get Dex home to buy him and Araley their fancy collars as we want to make sure we get the right size.

Guest KansasGrey

I remember the wait for our first greyhound........... we went to see him before our paperwork was totally approved but they let us take him home on a "sleepover". I was so thrilled and he has been spoiled ever since. Can't wait to see a picture of your beautiful hound.

Guest gr8hound47

Congrats on your new addition. Hopefully the time will fly for you, think how much fun you can have planning his home coming. Good reason to go shopping :lol Our boy is 80# and he wears a medium collar, that is adjustable and fits him fine.