Deuce, My Osteo-warrior, Need Some Advice/prayers

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Good News:We celebrated yesterday in our house the fact that Deuce is TWO YEARS post diagnosis/amputation!!!! He lived it up and ate chicken breasts, peanut butter sandwich, turkey neck and of course lots of treats. This boy is officially an osteo-warrior and an amazing example of never giving up hope because God is Good!!!!!

Bad News:He hasn't been feeling 100% lately and it had me worried. Ideally I wanted to get him back to OSU, but gas prices and time prevent that so I took him to a local vet that I trust on Friday. They ran lots of tests and he just called me to give me some results. Looks like there are signs of infection and likely in the kidneys. He was talking vet talk of course and I caught some of his levels:

BUN 43

Creatinin 2.3

White Count 25,000

He said the proteins in the urine where high. He plans to give him an antibiotic and recheck in two weeks. Unless he gets worse or starts vomitting then he wants to see him sooner.

How do these levels look? What other questions should I ask? Is there any other experiences or things I should do in the mean time?

Please say prayers for my very special boy. He is still eating OK at this point and hopefully will continue to do so.

Guest onefloppyear

I don't know much about kidney infections, but wanted to pass on my good wishes for Deuce. Hopefully he'll get over this very soon. He is a trouper!

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

I believe he is going to call OSU. Does someone have a number handy? If so I can call and give it to him.

Yes, I think they did culture the urine. I believe he said there were no bacteria in the urine when it was cultured. As far as antibiotics I think he said maybe Batryl????

Guest onefloppyear

Did he say Bactrim? That's an antibiotic frequently given in human urinary tract infections. (Since my dogs have never had a UTI, I don't know anything about antibiotics for dogs.)

Sending lots of prayers!!!! :hope:hope

Celebrating with you the greyt news of two years, that is greyt news!!!!! :yay:yay:yay:yay:confetti

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest jettcricket

Firstly, congrats on his continued health!!! I don't know much about his levels, but sending good thoughts and vibes for your boy!!! :)

Shelby,

I hope he is feeling better soon!! No experieince with Baytril but just googling it I see it listed for UTI's. :goodluck that is it something simple to clear up!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Good thoughts and white light headed to Deuce!

Greyt news on the two year anniversary!!! I was lucky enough to meet Deuce at GiG last year and he is a sweetie!!!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Definitely have your vet consult with OSU. Holding Deuce in my prayers... he's such a trooper! :hope:kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

sending prayers to your boy! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending prayers for precious Deuce. I agree...I think that you feel much better after talking to Dr. Couto. Please kiss Deuce for me and keep us updated...he is amazing! :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

First, congrats to TWO YEARS!!!! post-amp!! That's awesome!! :D

Second, I started reading your opening post, then had to go check something, and walked off with this in my head: "DOOOOCE! The Deucinator! The Deuce-man! Deucereeeno! Deuceramous! Deuceranimous! Tyranosaurus Deucimus!! ..." :P:rofl

So, the Deucinator will be getting a chant from out here for antibiotic-zappable buglettes, and continued great health!

*Deuce-baby! Juicy Deucy! Knocking those kidney bugs for a loop! Deuce the Deuce-man! Antibiotics to the res-cuuuuuue! B) Deuce-baby! Juicy Deucy! Knocking those kidney bugs for a loop! Deuce the Deuce-man! Antibiotics to the res-cuuuuuue! B) Deuce-baby! Juicy Deucy! Knocking those kidney bugs for a loop! Deuce the Deuce-man! Antibiotics to the res-cuuuuuue! B) *

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest boondog

I'll definitely add Deuce to my prayer list. I don't have any advice, but Baytril was the antibiotic that finally cured Dillon's chronic UTI.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy
First, congrats to TWO YEARS!!!! post-amp!! That's awesome!! :D

Second, I started reading your opening post, then had to go check something, and walked off with this in my head: "DOOOOCE! The Deucinator! The Deuce-man! Deucereeeno! Deuceramous! Deuceranimous! Tyranosaurus Deucimus!! ..." :P:rofl

So, the Deucinator will be getting a chant from out here for antibiotic-zappable buglettes, and continued great health!

*Deuce-baby! Juicy Deucy! Knocking those kidney bugs for a loop! Deuce the Deuce-man! Antibiotics to the res-cuuuuuue! B) Deuce-baby! Juicy Deucy! Knocking those kidney bugs for a loop! Deuce the Deuce-man! Antibiotics to the res-cuuuuuue! B) Deuce-baby! Juicy Deucy! Knocking those kidney bugs for a loop! Deuce the Deuce-man! Antibiotics to the res-cuuuuuue! B) *

This is our first experience with a Xan chant (although I know how famous they are :nod ) I know all will be well!!! I love the different names - I am certainly going to use Tyranosaurus Deucimus.....I LOVE IT!

Shelby: I am glad to hear that Dr. Sheff is taking care of Deuce. Especially since this problem WILL NOT be cancer. Please keep us updated. Also, call anytime if you need anything.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon