Guest greybookends Posted August 25, 2008 Share Posted August 25, 2008 (edited) The eye isn't better. As a matter of fact it looks worse to me. I will call the vets office this morning but it will most likely be tomorrow afternoon before I can get her in. She's not feeling real good but as you can see, she is letting momma take care of her. Update 8/26 Well now we wait for test results. The eyelid isn't as swollen but it has spread to cover the entire lid. There is no pus but lots of blood. The vet checked for mites and that was negative. She is also doing a fungal which could take up to 2 weeks for results and she also took another sample for a slide and is sending the original and the new one to the pathologist for a Cytology. She told me to continue doing what I'm doing and now we wait. She was not happy with what she saw but at the same time she was trying not to sound alarming. So keep the prayers coming and keep on praying that it is still just trauma and we are just having a case of it's getting worse before it gets better and nothing more. ** UPDATE AUGUST 28** NO CANCER!!!! We are still waiting for results on the fungal tests but the vet seems to think that some foreign body has gotten in there and is just so small that we can't find it and it might take a while for it to work it's way out. She wants me to bring her back in next week after she's done taking the antibiotics and we'll decide what to do next depending on what the eye looks like. So I guess Sheana continues to be a member of the weird and funky eye club, but at least it's NOT cancer! Edited August 28, 2008 by greybookends Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.