How Soon Off The Track Will A Bitch Come In Season?

My foster is not quite 2 weeks off the track where she was getting hormones to prevent her from going in season. Anyone know generally how long until she goes in season now? We have never had an intact foster before.

Thanks,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm pretty sure it's random. I wouldn't expect her to come into season soon, but if she does, it's best to wait to spay until her hormones are back to normal which usually take about two months after it's over.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

It's a crap shoot. Some females as soon as they come off the hormones come in season super fast, some it's stress related and will come in, others don't.

No way to tell really but chances are high if she is now off hormones and also has changed locations/was on a haul/stress.

And I agree with Rachel, best to wait on spaying if they do come in season until they are totally done with their season. jmho

Oh and also a quick note, YES even neutered males can get excited about inseason females. They can still do their duty even if they are neutered. They would just shoot blanks ;)

Edited by GreysAndMoreGreys

Guest KennelMom

It is a very well known fact that a bitch will come into season just as soon as the adoption group has her loaded up and headed for home and not a moment sooner.

:P:lol

Guest Hannah
It is a very well known fact that a bitch will come into season just as soon as the adoption group has her loaded up and headed for home and not a moment sooner.

that or just as you come into prolonged contact with an un-neutered male. e.g. a GUR or emergency foster :D

Guest GiJenn51

Typically they'll have two cycles a year. But without knowing how much hormone they were giving her I think Heather's estimate is the closest one!

Guest StriderDog

I can attest to that. <_<

Little foster harlot was only in my house for a day or two before she took my baby's virginity. :angryfire:blink::blush:lolLINKY

Edited by StriderDog

Yup, totally random.

We've had greys come into the kennel and they were already starting to enter estrus. Others never get their before they're spayed.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest giantsfan

Winnie went into heat 3 days before her spay appointment - which was exactly one week after leaving the racing kennel. I'm sure the stress of the haul didn't help delay matters any.

Guest PhillyPups

Or as soon as they enter my home and have a spay appointment. The Queen came into heat 2 days before her spay appointment, and all my NEUTERED males did the humpty dance behind her whenever she moved. None actually got the right idea (no retired studs in my household), but she would walk and they all humped air behind her in a line. She would swish her tail to the side (she knew what to do) and then when none did what they were supposed to do, she gave them the dirtiest looks. The closest any came was Zeus trying to hump her and getting the stairs by mistake. :lol:lol

I can attest to that. <_<

Little foster harlot was only in my house for a day or two before she took my baby's virginity. :angryfire:blink::blush:lolLINKY

:rotfl :rotfl That's one of my all-time favorite threads on GT. It ranks right up there with the olives! :lol

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel