Can Anyone Explain Link Between Diet And Ear Infections?

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

OK, Riley's turn to be the special needs dog today.

I put Riley on a new kibble, Diamond Lamb & Rice. He started this 5 days ago, and today has a very bad ear infection. He used to have hem very often, but then he went a long time without one. Does anyone know if diet can be linked to ear infections and *specifically* what kind of things in diet can trigger ear infections?

p.s. Riley is not a greyhound, he's the fluffy white dog in my siggy.

Guest Winterwish

The first thing that comes to mind is the food as an allergen,or foods with corn,or yeast-y type foods?

You may want to consider a food change to going grain free. Solid Gold's Barking at the Moon,Timberwolf's Ocean Blue,and several other excellant grain free's to choose from.

Get well wishes out to Riley,who is very cute! :wub:

Guest LindsaySF

Food allergies have been linked to ear infections. Yeasty ears and sometimes paws. Take a look at how the ingredients differ from the last food.

Guest trevdog

Yep, Dallas can't eat Evo as every time she has she gets nasty ear infections. Not sure what in it causes it but she does wonderful on Purina One, go figure....

Guest EmilyAnne
Try the Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice formula. It doesn't have any wheat or corn in it.

That's the one he just started that I think is causing the problem! :lol

Riley was previously on grain-free kibble with a dollop of home cooked on top. I went to the Diamond Naturals to save $. But Riley's health comes first so I'm just gonna go back to what he was on before and see what happens.

Thank you everyone for all your helpful replies. :)