I Really Need Some Advice

Guest greyscot

Guest greyscot

Some of you may be familiar with my non grey Shirley. She is 15 years old with advanced kidney disease. I'm amazed she has survived this long. Our vet said she would not see the 1st of August but my little girl is a fighter and LOVES life. Anyway, I have to go to a wedding first week of September which means I need to put Shirley into kennels for 2 nights as it is not local. I do not feel it is fair to ask friends or family to care for her as they would feel awful if anything happened while we were away.

The kennels are wonderful with my dogs and my vets have offered to take her but I feel she would be better with the company of Sporty (my grey) and she would also be less stressed in 'normal' kennels instead of the vets. The problem is getting her to eat. I spend hours and I mean hours tempting her with everything and anything to eat. I'm scared she stops eating and gets out of the habit and I can't get her to start eating again. I really feel I can't miss this wedding as I'm the only family from the grooms side going apart from his parents. I know the kennels will contact my vets if anything goes wrong but any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Shirley

2010462300037331756S600x600Q85.jpg

Having just gone through this with Emmy, check out this thread on Nutritional Yeast! It works!!!

Nutritional Yeast

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee