Zuma Is At The E-vet

I would give her a little rescue remedy if you have any.

I thought I had some, but I can't seem to find it. <_< Thanks for mentioning it though.....it would have been nice to give to her to settle her down a bit.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Vinnie

Oh poor sweet Zuma - sending lots of scritches and quick healing prayers. Vinnie hated his e-collar and even though it was clear he walked straight into the sliding glass door of the clinic when we were going out after his amputation - I immediately took it off and flung it into the back of the van and he never wore it again and never bothered his amp either. Those collars drive me crazy just as much as them. Hope they are able to give you something to get her to relax. And you too!

So, Zuma is not the only one who hates that e-collar now. :angry: I tried sleeping in the living room with her last night and it didn't go well. Between 12pm and 1am, something scared her 4 different times and she bolted through the house. At 2am she bolted again......I tried taking the e-collar off and her paw immediately went to her eye, so I put it back on and went to bed in our bedroom. Even though I hated doing it, I left her in the living room so I could get some sleep. :sleepy I think a few of the times she bolted were because of me moving or making a noise, so I hoped she'd get better sleep without me there.

I will definitely check with the vet too see what I can do since I can't leave the e-collar off, but she needs something to help with the anxiety of having to wear it. I'll probably try to buy some Rescue Remedy today and give that to her too. We both need a break from the evil that is the e-collar. :rolleyes:

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Just a little update on Zuma..........

Took her to the vet on Sunday and he was concerned about the lacerations......said there were 3 not 2 and the 3rd one was what concerned him. He felt that if the 3rd one was left unsutured, it might cause ulcerations on her eye. So, Monday, I took her in and he sutured her eye in 3 places. :( She has to wear the e-collar for 2 weeks......which is a bummer since the ER vet said she should only have to wear it 3-5 days (my vet said she should wear it for 2 weeks whether we did the suturing or not). Her eye is looking better, but I can tell it's going to take awhile to heal. At least she got her teeth cleaned while she was under......it needed to be done anyway. :rolleyes:

I have been able to block off a small portion of our bedroom, so now she can sleep in there without bothering the other dogs with the e-collar. So, at least I'm getting some sleep now and not having to sleep on dog beds.

The bolting continues, though. The clear e-collar has helped, but when she's asleep and hears a noise (or just thinks she hears a noise), she'll still bolt through the house. I've been bringing her to work with me and she's done it there a couple of times too. I did get some Ace from the vet and even though I don't really want to use it, I feel that I just might have to. :( I'm afraid she'll really hurt herself or open the sutures up by bolting and running into something. The other dogs don't want to go near her either. <sigh>

We are thinking and praying for Zuma that she has a complete recovery real soon, bless her heart. :bighug:getwell:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter