Nutritional Yeast

Xan

Claudia! :blush: I don't think I was the ONLY person on here who's tried NY for their pups, right? Some of the other folks writing seem to have run across the idea before.... But, anyway, this is the great thing about this community: info gets spread out far and wide, and so quickly!!

It looks like KAL and Red Star are similar, both grown on molasses, and have similar nutritional profiles.

You might want to check ingredients on whatever you do buy, since I'm seeing that some sources add whey and/or other stuff, which might be a problem for your pets, but certainly dilutes the yeasty goodness! ;)

Oh, and did I mention? B vit.s also seem to be unpalatable to biting insects, so loading up on NY can also repel fleas and mosquitos! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

I read the Emmy Threat and called immediatly GNC (General Nutritien Center,every Mall has one ) But NO they don't

have NY . Thou it seemed , he never heard of it . We have a Whole Food in Annapolis and I will try to go there today.

My Morty did not eat his Breakfast , so in the Trash it goes. That happens all the time. I consider it my lucky Day when

he eats his Breakfast and his Dinner . Maybe that will spark his Appetite a little/lot. Should it ????

All I know is that it sure did Emmy's! She ate 7 cups of soup yesterday where as before we added the Nutritional Yeast I was lucky to get 1 cup in her a day! She's had 6 cups of soup today so far.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Claudia! :blush: I don't think I was the ONLY person on here who's tried NY for their pups, right? Some of the other folks writing seem to have run across the idea before.... But, anyway, this is the great thing about this community: info gets spread out far and wide, and so quickly!!

It looks like KAL and Red Star are similar, both grown on molasses, and have similar nutritional profiles.

You might want to check ingredients on whatever you do buy, since I'm seeing that some sources add whey and/or other stuff, which might be a problem for your pets, but certainly dilutes the yeasty goodness! ;)

Oh, and did I mention? B vit.s also seem to be unpalatable to biting insects, so loading up on NY can also repel fleas and mosquitos! :D

Never meaning to slight someone else...but Ekko still says you're the BOMB :lol And all I know is everytime I open this thread, I feel good!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest boondog

Dillon has been pretty picky lately, so I stopped at Whole Foods today and picked up some bulk NY. I can't wait to see how she does with it. Thanks so much for the info!!!!!!!

Guest IrskasMom

Well , wouldn't you know . I went to Annapolis to get a Walk in for Morty at Quiet Waters Park and went on the Way back to

Whole Foods . Their Shelf was empty :wow ,they must of had run on Nutritional Yeast . All the GT must have been there.

Edited by IrskasMom

Oh no, I can see it now, a nation wide run on Nutritional Yeast because of all the Greytalkers barnstorming the stores! :lol Not to mention the fact that the words is spreading fast and furious among our friends!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Greensleeves

I think it's Nelly's fault that this thread was brought back up again. :lol DH is at Whole Foods right now, looking. Hope he can find some, really hope it reminds Nelly that she loves to eat.

I went to Whole Foods yesterday evening to get the nutritional yeast and the bin was almost empty. I scraped up what I could, but it was less then a pound. I came home and fed the puppers and was really disappointed that Renie just looked at her food and went to lay down. I ordered 15 pounds from the website that was given at the start of this thread, so I'm hoping that maybe she just didn't like it because it was stale or something. :dunno So now I'm wondering why the bin was empty, all the other bins were full. :lol

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I went to Whole Foods yesterday evening to get the nutritional yeast and the bin was almost empty. I scraped up what I could, but it was less then a pound. I came home and fed the puppers and was really disappointed that Renie just looked at her food and went to lay down. I ordered 15 pounds from the website that was given at the start of this thread, so I'm hoping that maybe she just didn't like it because it was stale or something. :dunno So now I'm wondering why the bin was empty, all the other bins were full. :lol

What you may want to try which is what I did for Misty, is I took some out of the can and just held my hand down to her. One lick...she was hooked!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Good idea, thanks. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest jettcricket

Even thou my girlie girl is eating good now, I did order some....figure it can't hurt. She could afford to put back a bit of weight.

I can't wait to try it on her.....I should get it in a day or two.

Even thou my girlie girl is eating good now, I did order some....figure it can't hurt. She could afford to put back a bit of weight.

Hoping she continues to do well!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest jettcricket

Hoping she continues to do well!

Me too....the girl just chowed down on 2 small cans of Wellness dog food and ate for my neighbor who comes down everyday at lunch time to let them out and to feed my girl. It's soooo stressful when they don't eat.

Unfortunately, your highness, the PITA, my sweet Polli did not like it at all. The past week or so, it's been a struggle but hopefully, she will start eating normal amounts again soon.

We are averaging 1/2 to 1 cup of kibble with either wet food or boiled skinless chicken thighs as an addin but she did not like the nutritional yeast. BUMMER. :unsure

On a good day, she will eat 1 3/4 cups dry with a cups worth of chicken or wet food.

She seems to be maintaining her 58 pounds so I don't freak anymore. Frustrated, yes, freak, no.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project