Need Prayers For My Senior Girl Faye

Guest Sassifrass

Guest Sassifrass

My sweet old girl Faye turned 13 at the beginning of this month. I have noticed her slowing down in the last several months, but there was really nothing to be too concerned about. Yesterday afternoon, several hours after taking her regular leash walk at mid-day, Faye was unable to get her backend off the floor so that she could stand. I got her standing, she took several steps and fell. This happened several times until she finally went down inside of the front door and couldn't get up or stay standing when I got her on all fours.

I live about a half hour from an excellent emergency/specialty hospital in the Philadelphia suburbs and, with the help of a neighbor getting Faye into the car, took her there.

They have done xrays and an ultrasound and can find nothing definitive wrong. The next step would be an MRI which, quite frankly, I cannot afford. The vet has recommended starting Faye on anti-inflamatories and steroids and see if there is any improvement by tomorrow afternoon.

Please send prayers and white light for my old girl, who has been with me for almost nine years. She was my buddy during my husband's stroke and subsequent disabilities. She has been his sofa companion for so many years.

Something that sudden makes me think FCE (spinal stroke). You might do a search on it, here or on google.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

sending many prayers for your girl!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest greydogluvr

I am so sorry to hear that Faye is not feeling well. She is in our prayers. Give your precious senior girl a gentle hug and big kiss. Get well soon Ms. Faye :bighug

Sending prayers for Faye. :hope:hope

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Something that sudden makes me think FCE (spinal stroke). You might do a search on it, here or on google.

That is what I thought as I read your post too. If it is, the steroids should help. I'll keep you and Faye in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

As far as I know, you can't use oral NSAID's and steriods (like Pred) at the same time. You can use Pred and a pain med like Tramadol together. Hoping your precious girl recovers. :hope I went through something similar with Phoenix when she was 14, and then again at 15. Meds made quite a difference. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest TBSFlame

Thoughts and prayers for your old gal. My Tessie is almost 13 and I see she is getting so weak in her back end. She has LP and mostly lays under the AC. I hate to see them getting old.

Very sad and very scary. Sending white lights and prayers for Faye and you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending my prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.