Happy Nelly Update!

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

After waiting all freakin' day, we *finally* got Nelly's bloodwork back (after almost 48 hours on the IV), and she has improved in ALL her numbers! :yay Creatinine down from 4.2 to 2.3! BUN down from 65 to 35! Phosphorus down! More things that should be down, down; and things that should be up, up. * They are keeping her for another 48 hours, in the hopes that they can actually drop those numbers into the NORMAL range! Wouldn't that be a miracle!! These are better numbers than we saw three months ago--which was before she started showing any symptoms.

We should be able to bring her home on Saturday, and Monday she'll go back to our vets to start her sub-cu fluid therapy regime.

Thank you all SO much for all your prayers and good wishes--I know they helped. (Science helped a lot, too. :D)

We don't know how much time we've bought her, of course... but for now, the news is good, and we're going to celebrate a little while we can. :D

*Forgive my slight incoherence; I didn't have a chance to eat today until about ten minutes ago, and I can tell my cognitive functions are a wee bit impaired. :lol

Wonderful news! Hug Nelly for me. Are they going to show you how to do the fluids so that you can do them at home? We did that for months with Angel Queenie...much less stressful for her...and much cheaper for us. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti That is Greyt News!!!! I am so happy for you all and Nelly!!!!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

great news!!! :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

GREYT news. As far as what Patricia said, I would also suggest you get them to teach you how to give sub-q fluids. My kitty cat has early stages of kidney failure and I give sub-q fluids every other day. If you need a website that delivers the stuff you need PM me. They have ringers solution, and various other IV solutions, as well as needles & the driplines. Its VERY easy to do, and I have found it is a great bonding experience with my kitty, after a few months she now just lays in my lap and half the time falls asleep while I give her the treatment. Good luck!

Just checking in on how Miss Nelly is and whether she'll come home today.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That's great news! :yay Continuing prayers and get well wishes for Nelly. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Greensleeves

Hi, and thanks, everyone!!

Batmom, our plan is to bring her home tomorrow--they want to run one more check of her blood values before they release her. We'd love to get her first thing (before it gets too hot for a visit to the pond on the way home), but it took the lab all day yesterday to get the results back, so who knows what time we'll finally get to get her?

We definitely plan on eventually doing the sub-cu fluids at home, but for now... Nella loves her friends at the vets' office, and it's a 5 minute walk (which she also loves, plus it encourages her to pee more :lol), so we're not in any hurry to make the switch, altho' I suspect it'll be the following week that we take it over.

I hope Nelly gets much, much better but it is good that she enjoys her friends at the vet clinic. I remember when she and her brothers and sisters were just tiny puppies. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg