Antiobotic Pill?

Guest gmangel12

Guest gmangel12

Hi I have another question. My greyhound had 14 teeth removed on Mon. She is def starting to feel better bec she just ate all around her antiobotic pill lol. I got the pain one in her bec it tastes like beef. So after she ate around it I wrapped it in a peice of a pill pocket small enough so if she decided not to chew with her remaining teeth it would still be ok. But she burst the pill and powder fell out of her mouth. I cant tell if she got any in her or if I should give her a 2nd one. What do you think I should do? Thanks

can you dab the powder up and put it in another pocket to give her? What kind of pill is it and when is she due for another? Is it BID or TID?

ETA- I realized you may not know I meant 2x or 3x a day?

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest gmangel12

That would have been a good idea to try and get some of the powder up, I was just concerned about my cats getting it and my first reaction was to clean it up. She is on Clindamycin 75 mg and it is 2x a day her next dose will be due at 8am. Now sure if it would be worse for her to have a little less then the 75mg in her system or possibly a little bit more, bec I cant really tell how much got injested and how much came out.

My vet is closed for the night and they have been so amazing over the last few days I dont want to bother them with something this small.

*Now sure = * Not sure

I use Easy Cheese. I put a little glob on my fingers, add the pills I'm giving, add more cheese, open mouth and insert towards the back of the mouth or roof of mouth. Renie has to take several pills twice a day and she enjoys licking the remainder of the cheese off of my fingers.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Another trick for pills, put one in something good and follow it up immediately with more of that. They don't have time to chew it and gobble it for the next. It is the only way I can get some of the medicine down Shanti. She has caught on to me. My girl will NOT touch a pill pocket anymore.

The Girls

Guest gmangel12

Those are 2 good ideas. Ususally Red loves pill pockets but I ripped it so small bec I was concerned about her swallowing it without chewing bec of her mouth pain she was able to know it was a pill. I try again at 8 with one of those suggestions until she gets back to normal. Thank you

I would not give a second pill to one of my dogs based on what you said happened. I also use the "down the hatch" method with pills so I know they get them.

I think she will be fine until her next dose at 8 a.m. :) Glad she is on the mend. :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****