The Report Is Finally In From Cornell

This seems like it's been forever.

The head vet reviewed Beau's films. They did see something that no one else did. Everyone is in agreement that there are no cancerous lesions. (thank GOD) His knees and hips are a "non issue". There is arthritis in his right toe but that could not be causing the lameness and pain that happens frequently.

From the pictures of Beau laying on his back, there are disc spacing issues. The next step would have to be an MRI but the vet does not feel it's necessary at this time.

She did say that we may want to try acupunture. Teddy goes every other week for maintenance so we may be bringing Beau to start.

At least we have some answers. Nothing totally concrete, but we are starting to narrow it down.

In the meantime, he has been GREYT, happy, crazy and totally, totally lives for his walks.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. It helps in so many ways.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

No cancer is always good. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Good news about NO cancer - phew. Let's hope things settle down for Beau now... it's lovely to read about him being so full of beans. Maybe the acupuncture will work? :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest PiagetsMom

Robin, I know you've been worried about Beau and it's a huge relief that at least your not dealing with the dreaded "C". :grouphug I'm glad to hear that he's doing well, and sending good thoughts your way for some success with the acupuncture until you guys can definitely figure out what the issue is.

I hope the new treatment helps and I am so happy that it was not something much worse. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Anytime it's not cancer, its good :) Sugar had disc spacing issues, getting her pain meds correct helped a lot, but what really made the difference was the acupuncture! Once she started that, and it had a chance to work, she had almost no more problems. A few very minor setbacks, but nothing an extra Tramadol for a day or two didn't fix. I am a huge fan of acupuncture!

Spoke to the vet who does Teddy's acupuncture. We are going to give it a try. As he said, it can't hurt. I discussed my concerns about sticking needles into Beau. Beau is NOT stoic, does not suffer well and will scream and cry whenever anyone comes near him. Nails, teeth brushing (can't do) regular immunizations turn into horror hotel with Beau.

He did suggest that DH take Beau, rather than me since I tend to get all worked up when it comes to Beau and that will only add to Beau's discomfort.

So, I will post an update after Beau gets his fist round of acupunture next Thursday. 2 dogs 4 years old with acupunture.

I sure hope we can get a discount!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Will llok forward to an update after acupuncture. My vet is always telling me I'm a bigger baby that Misty. She's a drama queen for me and a perfect angel for him. But I think that's only natural

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless