Sadie Has Valley Fever

Guest BlackandBrindle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SoulsMom

I know you feel horrible (and yes, it is irrational, but I'd prolly be beating myself up too). But at least now you have some answers and can get your girl all better. :grouphug

Oh MJ, only just seeing this now. I'm sorry :sad1 But please don't be hard on yourself. You know what's what now... and it's treatable!!! :yay

It will be ok. Sending many hugs :grouphug:bighug:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Well, that's a big "drat!" isn't it. But now you know -- and before she had any significant symptoms! -- and can deal with it.

Hugs and best luck with treatment.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You found it, you're going to treat it, and she'll be fine. Take a deep breath and enjoy the wine. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I beat myself up when Cosmo was diagonosed with it. I thought he had cancer for sure and just didn't want to take him in. (Makes things even harder with DH gone)...anyway...His titer was 1:25. From what my paperwork reads is that my lab only test to the 1:32. So check your records and see if they test beyond the 1:32....

I put Big 'Mo on the satin balls and he gained right away. I have to slather the pills in "real" butter for him to take but all's well here.

Somewhere here in AZ there is a "study" going on but they only had one opening. You can be in the paying part of the study but it is fairly expensive..

I CRIED and CRIED when he came back with the positive titer...the meds for VF have come a long way. There was a time it was a death sentence. So much better than the cancer I was worried about. He has the "swiss cheese" bones in the back and hips...

I can't find the link...but if I do I will post ASAP!!

Good luck..now you know whats wrong and it can be "fixed" :grouphug

ETA: Wooo hooo I found it!! :lolVF study

Edited by GreyAcresMom

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

Sending prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest BlackandBrindle

The meds weren't ready until today so Roy is going to pick them up this afternoon.

Sadie herself is doing fairly well. She did not want to go on a walk last night and seemed a little bit down, but hopefully she'll adjust quickly to the meds and feel better soon.

Fingers crossed for that :goodluck

Your friends here in the desert are thinking about you Sadie Girl, and you be sure your mom gives you plenty and plenty of ice cream to keep your strength up

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm glad your vet followed his/her hunch and did the test. Now you know what you are dealing with and can move forward. Be sure to take care of yourself, too.

We're pulling for you Sadie!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Wow, just seeing this. Sorry your girl's got the fungus, but treatment options have really improved over the years. Sounds like you caught it pretty early and it's treatable, so don't beat yourself up :) She'll be fine and so will you :grouphug

(Uh, and you do realize that those symptoms you listed can be symptoms for a million other things, right? Not just Valley Fever. You had NO way of knowing.)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest widowcali

I'm so sorry about Sadie. VF is somthing I have been worried about with my girls, especially with all the construction that is going on around me. Hopefully I can put your mind at ease though. I pet sit, and one of my clients had a Shephard mix, about 12, that had been diagnosed with VF a few years before I had met them. She was treated, the treatment lasted about a year, and she came thru with flying colors. That grand ol' dame lived to a ripe old age of 14. She didn't pass away until this past winter, and it was not due to VF.

Give Sadie many kisses and tell Spud that, as the brother, it is his job to cheer her up.

Perhaps a biskie or two would be in order?

Guest KRKWMU

I wish you the best as you begin treatment for the Valley Fever. :goodluck Let us know how things go. In the meantime, I'll be thinking about you and Sadie. :grouphug