I Am So Sad

Guest jenosojnicki

Guest jenosojnicki

My baby boy just turned 8 last week and I knew it was going to be his last birthday. When we got home from work yesterday he did not look good. He was fine when I left in the morning. He would not eat his dinner and that is really odd. This boy has never turned down a meal. He started to throw up all over the house and started to pant. He went to his bed and laid down and I could see that his belly was really bloated. I ran to greytalk and started to search while my DH called the vet. I knew we were going to loose him. I could feel it in my gut that it was over. He has never been sick before and this was sudden but he has severe arthritis and very bad corns. He has such a hard time walking and we drive an hour away every three 3 weeks to get his corns hulled out. I carried him out to the car and got him to the vet. They took us right in and he started to fall apart. He collapsed in the vets arms and his skin started to turn pink. His toungue was turning black and he was gasping to catch his breath. The vet thinks he had a blockage in his intestines. We decided to make a horrible decision and not do surgery. If he had not had the arthritis and corns we would have done everything int he world to save him. I got on the floor and said my goodbyes and left the room. My DH stayed with him until he passed. We stood out in the parking lot and cried for 20 mins. We have 3 greyhounds and this is the first time we are dealing with death. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. I am not a spiritiual person and I am not a rainbow bridge kind of girl but I just hope he his running his little heart out somewhere. He has not been able to run in so ling and he would get so mad when the other 2 would zoom around the yard.

thank you for letting me have a place to get this out. I am sorry if anything is misspelled. It is hard to type while crying. Now I have to go to work and host an open house...ugh

This is my beautiful baby boy

IMG_1339small.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. He was beautiful. Run free, sweetheart.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, sweet pup.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You are in my prayers. You can tell from his eyes he was quite a special boy. You did the right thing by letting him cross over and not prolonging his suffering by needless surgery as the outcome would have been the same. I've been there and that is what I learned-that it is just like it says in the Bible "In whose hand is the life of every living thing."Job 12:10 When its their time its their time and absolutely nothing will change that. I grieve for your loss. I understand how sharp the pain is when it is so sudden and you had no time to try to prepare to cope. I have heeard it said and I know its true that you never know how long you're going to have a greyhound. I am certain that he is in fact now running and smiling because he can once again joyously race ahead of the pack like his spirit loves and was meant to do. I hope after the pain and fog of this terrible loss dissipates a little you will realize that too and take comfort in it.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking to have to say goodbye to a beloved friend. Having it all happen so quickly is even more devastating. May the memories of your time with him help to heal your heartache. My heart goes out to you for what you are feeling.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

He was a handsome boy. I'm sorry he had to leave you, but I'm glad you were able to make that decision for him. It's the hardest decision you'll ever have to make.

f_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I am so very sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Your boy is indeed strikingly handsome, with a such a beautiful face and soul-filled eyes.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your very beautiful boy. :(

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greyt2love

He was certainly a beautiful boy. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope he is indeed running somewhere pain free.

Edited by greyt2love