I Think Angler Is Sick

Guest jupiterooos

Guest jupiterooos

Tonight he didn't want his dinner - he just gave it a couple of licks and lay down. Odd. Now he is pacing and panting. What could be going on? He did poop a few minutes ago, it was normal.

Guest jupiterooos

He was making the little noises that suggests he was feeling a little burp-y...but he is not trying to vomit or anything like that.

He could just be feeling under the weather. Is it hot where you are right now? I would just watch him like an eagle, just monitor the situation, and see if he settles down. Please keep us posted.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Peanut
He was making the little noises that suggests he was feeling a little burp-y...but he is not trying to vomit or anything like that.

if only they could say... "mom, i just feel.... it's my .... " then us mom's wouldn't have to worry so hard.

Guest jupiterooos

OK, I just listened at his tummy and there are normal tummy sounds...his stomach is soft and his gums look normal. Of course I'm freaked about bloat, so is there anything else I should look for?

Is not eating his dinner odd or is he normally a picky eater? This could be just being picky?

Is he looking at his belly/mid-section? Is he stretching and or walking around as if he can't get comfortable? Anything coming back up that went down earlier? This could be serious signs of bloat and he should go to the vet now in my opinion - better safe than sorry in this case.

Is he running a temp? Limping? Other physical signs? Could be just "off his feed" and not feeling good - a case of mild upset tummy.

You know Angler best. If your instinct says he's not well it's better to have it checked out.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest jupiterooos

His nose is wet, so no fever I think. He is panting some so I turned the AC up. He is lying down but on his tummy, not on his side.

Guest MAXNAV

Could he have hurt himself somehow? Maybe he pulled a muscle or something. I've seen the same symptons in both my guys, and thought they were going to be sick. But, after going up and down their bodies feeling every muscle and bone, I found a tender muscle (they've let me know it hurt). Somehow when probably playing my collie pulled the muscles under his shoulder. My grey has pulled his back leg. I've been through it many times, and just started my deramaxx for inflammation. I did call and talk to my vet first to see what he thought, and he gave me the ok to start the meds. I hope he feels better soon.

Maybe he needs to burp some more... Merlin was all restless earlier and paced and panted. I turned the AC on again and within 15 minutes he seemed a bit more comfortable. Then he let out this loud burp and he was fine after that - he is now sleeping on the couch.

Any other unusual behaviors?

Edited by merlinsmum

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest jupiterooos

The panting is not all that unusual, Angler runs a little hot.

We've been observing him closely, and it seems like he is hiccuping or belching, not trying to vomit. He seems to be resting somewhat comfortably - he is lying on his bed in a normal position.

This morning Jupiter threw up before breakfast and then had diarrhea after dinner...so maybe they're both sick with something?

LadyBailey posted a nice link on bloat--if you can find her post, it might be helpful.

Here: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showto...37&hl=bloat There's another link in her first post.

Oops sorry--someone posted while I was posting. Good luck, keep us posted.

Edited by fliggie

is he stretching a lot (while standing?) ? That, and standing kind of with her back hunched up (and being off in general) was my clue that something was wrong with Rainey -- it was pancreatitus :(

hoping it's nothing serious!!! :hope :hope :hope

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest jupiterooos

Hm, no, no stretching.

Actually, he was following me around and whining, so I tried giving him a different cut of meat, which he gobbled down. I am thinking that the cut I gave him for dinner (the same kind he got for breakfast) was too rich or something, and he had a sick tummy from breakfast and so rejected dinner. Right now he is having a nap.

What are the symptoms of pancreatitus?

Just wanted to check in on Angler before heading to bed... any improvements? I hope it's just an upset stomach and that he feels better with a little rest.