It's Beau- What Could This Be?

Beau has had a series of problems in his right leg where he had his original accident back in May of '07.

The last set of ex-rays showed what looked like a possible shadow on the bone which the vet did not think it was cancer and that was confirmed by OSU, but what they did see, confused them. Something is going on in the hip area. Not hip dysplasia but something. The ortho at my vet consulted and said the same thing.

Now his films are on their way to Cornell for their opinion of what it could be.

He has been limp free for several weeks again and now, again, all of a sudden, it does look like it's in his hips. He leg is a bit turned in and it's the left leg which it never was before. His hips are not functioning properly.

He just turned 4 years old. Does anyone have any clue as to what this could be and what we can do for him?

ETA- It is the right leg. It's so hard to pin point. His hips just don't look right.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

No, he has not been tested. Could this be LS?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Yeesh Mary. I know the vet is concerned and we have been just waiting. I think that the next step will ultimately have to be an MRI to see what is going on that is not shown in the x-rays.

To do exploratory surgery without a plan... doesn't sit well with me. he is so young, so full of love and life and even with his discomfort, the only thing he lives for is his walkies. All the others can give or take it, but Beau loves loves loves to walk. He even loves walking in the rain!!!

I too hope whatever it is, is easily treatable and keeps him comfortable.

Sending my prayers and best wishes. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

has he been tested for babesia? phoenix limped until he was diagnosed and treated. the vet originally (not my current vet) originally thought there was something funny about his leg and he was diagnosed with arthritis. the "funny" xray turned normal after he babesia treatment.

ETA: i'm by not means an expert but whenever i read about something strange and unexplainable, my first thought is always tick disease.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.