Need Help/advice Now Please

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

She was fine when I left for dinner tonight and shopping tonight. I was sitting here and looked at her, and saw this...

Pariseyes002.jpg

Pariseyes003.jpg

Pariseyes004.jpg

I've NEVER seen her like this and I'm wondering if she's having a systemic reaction. I sprayed the dogs with Adams Flea and Tick spray, which we use at the kennel, and that's the ONLY thing that's changed. This is REALLY freaking me out! Anyone seen this before?

I did NOT get any spray in her eyes.

Edited by charmsmom

Oh gosh.... I really don't know! Is she breathing normally? I'd definitely call the e-vet straightaway and ask whether they think she needs to go in.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest charmsmom

Ears are warm, but not feverish. Respirations seems normal and her gums are a little pale. She's getting up and walking around. It seems to be just her eyes.

Definitely call the vet. Morgaine did that once on a weekend night, and I called my vet's mobile phone in a panic. He told me it was likely her third eyelid getting stuck and to give it a while to return to normal. He said if it wasn't back to normal by morning to take her to the eVet. It went back to normal within 30 minutes.

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for your girl.

Edited by carronstar

Please please update as soon as you speak to or go to EVET. My prayers are with you all.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Checking for an update. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest charmsmom

I took Paris to the e-vet last night, and it's a good thing I did. Poor girl was in PAIN! The official Diagnosis: large superficial corneal ulcers/abrasions, moderate conjunctivitis.

The intra-ocular pressure in her left eye (the worse of the two) was actually low, indicating the inflammatory response. So, in short, she has corneal ulcers resulting from scratches and they got infected (I think). She's going to be taking Tramadol for the next 3 or 4 days, and she has Tobramycin eyedrops every six hours in both eyes. Thankfully, I had some Tramadol at home, so I didn't have to worry about paying for THAT, and I got her in before midnight, when there's an extra $10 charge.

And the poor thing has a LAMPSHADE!!!! :( She has to wear it until her corneas heal to keep her from rubbing her eyes. That's how she got into this mess to start with. But, once again, all the people were REALLY nice, and Paris, even in her sad state, was an ambassadog. There was a family there who'd never seen a greyhound in person and thought (as they should :lol) that Paris was beautiful and they were amazed at how friendly and calm she was. She was a perfect patient, and even behaved with the 10-week old Pom puppy that the family had brought with them.

So, all-in-all, not a horrible night. We got home at 12:30, and both crashed. DH let me sleep til 9! :wub: He forgot to take DS to playschool, but worse things have happened. :) At least Paris is a few pounds heavy, so not eating this morning isn't a big deal. I'll just wait and give her more Tramadol tonight.

WHAT A WEEK!! :(

Thank you for the update, we were worried here. Yes, it could have been a lot worse.Hoping she's feeling better this morning. First Miss Diamond, and now Paris. Healing thoughts for both girls.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytexplorer
Phew, what a night :eek

I know it's bad for Paris, but I'm glad it wasn't anything much worse.

Long time ago, when I wore "hard" contact lenses, I wore them too long, and woke up in the morning, and could barely open my eyes!!! AND THE PAIN!!!

My mom took me to the ophthalmologist (I wore sunglasses, kept my eyes shut, and mom had to steer me around cuz I was blind) and guess what??? Corneal abrasion in both eyes!! One eye was worse, so the doctor patched that one. Pretty much the same drug protocol as Paris. Oh, except for the tramadol. All I got was aspirin. :angryfire YEESH! THE PAIN!!

Kisses for Miss Paris :kiss2 Please tell her that Miss Pat understands how bad the pain is, and is thinking good thoughts for her.

hugs and adult beverages for everyone else,

~Pat

eta>speeling

Edited by greytexplorer

Just checking in to see what happened. Thank goodness she's going to be alright, that was frightening! Thank you for updating us! Hope Paris gets better soon. :goodluck

:bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest KRKWMU

What a night! I'm so sorry that Paris now has to take a turn being under the weather. :( Glad you've got everything under control. Give Paris a big kiss from us. :kiss2