Is It Too Early To Start The Chanting

She's out of surgery! and waking up~ time: 12:30pm utah time

Everything went perfectly - no complications!!!

Vet said, the collapse was severe.

All xrays (i had him do chest xrays first) were clear.

Thyroid Low, and needs to have increase in Thyrosien (sp)

I get to take her home tomorrow!!!!!! YYIPPPPEEEEEE

thank you, thank you, thank you all ~ for your prayers, chants, and well wishes!!!

I'm going to visit her tonight and take some pictures and try to post later.

OMG,,,, my little girlie girl, i'm sooo relieved!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Everything went perfectly - no complications!!!

Vet said, the collapse was severe.

thank you, thank you, thank you all ~ for your prayers, chants, and well wishes!!!

:yay Yipeeeeeee! You show em little girly girl. Sending more prayers for an uneventful recovery! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Lorinda,

:yay

Glad to hear Darbee-Doo came through the surgery OK. Give her a hug from me & my girls.:grouphug

Adrienne

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Yeah!!! You'll be amazed at the difference (at least I was) between the morning that you dropped her off and the night when you see her.

So glad she's doing so well. yay!!!! :yay

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Been watching for your update. So glad it's a good one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest hannahmom

Everything went perfectly - no complications!!!Vet said, the collapse was severe.

Lovely words :)

:hope

In awe at the minute of how supportive people are..............just couldn't not comment

I'm sat here typing with my adopted grey's head leaning on me thinking how i'd feel if it were mine.

Sending out healing prayers to your fur-babe

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

:yay:yay:yay have wonderful nite the both of you!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Positive healing thoughts speeding your way for both of you.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest CyndiW

So glad to hear that Darbee came through surgery just fine!! My Stevie had that surgery last November but he was only 11. The change in him was very drastic and we had even caught it extremely early - lots more energy and much more social after surgery because he wasn't working so hard to breath and was getting more oxygen. He plays and bounces around the house now like a puppy. Darbee will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will be praying for strength for you too. You will need it if you don't have any help rolling those meatballs. Stevie recovered just fine but my husband was out of town and rolling those meatballs (at least enough for his huge appetite) was overwhelming. Keep us posted on how he is doing. The LP yahoo group is full of info and very supportive but we now have quite a few LP dogs on greytalk as well.

Evening update:

We spent about an 1/2 hour sitting with Darbee. She was still so very groggy. We got her up and out side to Pee, but i ended up carrying her back in. She is VERY sensitive to the pain meds. a little goes a long way for her, and she definitely was feeling the Pill and not the Pain :P . They put her in a nice big kennel with lots of pretty pink Princess fleece blankets to rest on!

The incision looks SMALL. and tight. lots of redness around the site though, and she has the start of bruising toward the base of her neck. but over all, she looks greyt,,, but BEST OF ALL,,, SHE SOUNDS GREYT!!!!! she was panting alittle and literally no sound! after hearing her struggle for air, it was almost unbelievable!

Now to get her home, and let her recover in peace. Unfortunately, there was an emergency happening while we were there, and she seemed pretty nervous about all the people running around.

I will post pictures in Everything else forum in the morning. so look there for before and after photo updates.

Thank you all for your support and prayers! THEY REALLY WORK!!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest KRKWMU

Just now seeing this, but I'm so relieved the surgery went well! Give your girl a hug and kiss from us. :kiss2 Congratulations! We'll be thinking about you and Darbee. :goodluck

Keeping your little girl in my prayers for a quiet night and uneventful recovery. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Winterwish

Sending get well wishes out to Darbee! I'm glad the surgery went well. Having her come back home will be so good for both of you,hopefully she can come home today. :getwell:hope