Is It Too Early To Start The Chanting

My little Darbee-Dooo is going in for surgery tomorrow. I posted a couple days ago, in Soap Box,, that I was soooo torn between should I / shouldn't I put her thru the surgery.. the see-saw :seesaw really doing a number on my mind.

Darbee is 13+ yrs . and is really healthy. She is a naturally slow eater/drinker and I think that will help in the recovery process and re-learning how to eat and drink. I have done lots of research, and been on the Yahoo LP group asking questions there, so I feel as prepared as I can be. I love my sergeon, he is AWESOME and have complete faith in him!

I know that with her age she is inherently a high risk - just with the anesthesia alone! - but the alternative of not getting enough air is really becoming an issue.

So, if I could call on the wonderful Chanting, positive thoughts, and well wishes of everyone for my little Girl ~ we both would really appreciate it. Surgery tomorrow ~ and I most definitely will keep you all up to date on what's happening!!!

Thanks everyone, the power of Greytalk is REAL, and I BELIEVE in it!!! ,,, and Thank you!!!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest TBSFlame
My little Darbee-Dooo is going in for surgery tomorrow. I posted a couple days ago, in Soap Box,, that I was soooo torn between should I / shouldn't I put her thru the surgery.. the see-saw :seesaw really doing a number on my mind.

Darbee is 13+ yrs . and is really healthy. She is a naturally slow eater/drinker and I think that will help in the recovery process and re-learning how to eat and drink. I have done lots of research, and been on the Yahoo LP group asking questions there, so I feel as prepared as I can be. I love my sergeon, he is AWESOME and have complete faith in him!

I know that with her age she is inherently a high risk - just with the anesthesia alone! - but the alternative of not getting enough air is really becoming an issue.

So, if I could call on the wonderful Chanting, positive thoughts, and well wishes of everyone for my little Girl ~ we both would really appreciate it. Surgery tomorrow ~ and I most definitely will keep you all up to date on what's happening!!!

Thanks everyone, the power of Greytalk is REAL, and I BELIEVE in it!!! ,,, and Thank you!!!

I have a 12 1/2 year old girl who has LP. I too have been on that :seesaw . She has done well this summer as she mostly lays under the AC. Tessie gets so stressed when she has to go to the vets. I just don't think she would do well with the surgery and recovery. My thoughts will be with you and Darbee.

Never TOO soon! Chanting and praying here. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It's never too early to chant.

By the way, Onyx had hers done almost 2 yrs ago at age 11. The main reason I opted for it was that I saw what LP did to my sister's lab. She did not do the tieback.

I wasn't going to do that to my girl. That poor lab could hardly breathe. Onyx is playful and happy and next month is her 13th birthday. I can't be happier.

My Darius was 13 and he had a TB. As long as the blood work is normal and you have a board certified surgeon she should be fine. i went through the whole should I or shouldn't i. The leg amputation of Asia was an easier decision. The tie back surgery is not the issue it is post surgery. You have to be careful she does not aspirate. Feed the meatballs for a while and stay away from crumbly food forever. They do learn how to eat but just be careful

There is a very good board on Yahoo about LP, go to it for recipes and all advise it helped me greatly. Darius lived to 15.3 years smile.gif

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Darbee-Doo, think of you and wishing you success with the surgery. :thumbs-up:getwell

Lorinda, thinking of you and Casey. Have faith! :hope:candle

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Positive thoughts for you and Darbee-doo!

Wishing you both well. She'll feel so much better once she can breathe without effort.

If it will make you feel any better, I posted some pics of Battle (including 1 from the night that he had the surgery) in the Success stories thread here in H&M

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

Will be thinking of you and your pupper. Keep us posted on how things go.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks Everyone!!! the Power is strong and True :nod

Darbee-Doo slept very well last night, mom - not so much

We have a nice couple of cooler days ahead - PERFECT for recovery !!

I'm going to try to keep myself busy: meatball making, washing all doggie beds, cleaning house: when worried, I clean!!! :D oh, yea i have to go to work - I don't think much of that 'real' stuff will actually get done :rolleyes:

LET THE GAMES,,ugh POSITIVE VIBES, BEGIN!!!!

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

:goodluck I had that surgery for my Chancy last year. I only wish I'd done it sooner (I was on that same see-saw for a long time :( ), as it was like a miracle for her breathing. Sadly I lost her due to other health complications a month later. But at least my gentle sweetheart could breathe easily again.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I know, no news is good news,, she may not even be in surgery yet,,,,,,,,

but, how can one make the day go faster?????

OMG,, the phone rang, it's the vet

more later!

Yes I clean too! Don't worry about the temperature, as soon as they have the procedure done they breath normally! I am sure it is a wonderful feeling to be able to breath again! You will be happy you did this! good thing about the meatballs, you can freeze them. I made them and added some kibbles to it, not oo much or they don't hold together, if needed add honey.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif