Sleeping With Eyes Open?

Guest tarzanmom

Guest tarzanmom

Our newest addition, Jemma, sleeps with her eyes partially open. I've noticed this when she's dream racing-her breathing is very rhythmic and her legs are going, so I know she's not having a seizure. Just wondering if anybody else's hound sleeps with their eyes open.

Guest diggerspeed

oh yeah my two boys both do it, my big buddy at the bridge did it and both my moms greys do it . seems pretty normal. took some getting used to though.

Yep....Pavé ! ! :P

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, yes! Jesse used to sleep with his eyes open wide, not just a little. He looked like he was in a trance. It actually took a while before I realized he was sleeping and not just staring intently at something :D

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

Guest EmilyAnne

Henry does this allll the time. Completely normal for a grey's sleeping patterns! (And it has nothing to do with Henry's epilepsy, I assure you)

Interesting that your adoption group did not explain that to you! It's a very common thing in sighthounds. When we do home visits, we always explain it, so the new adopters do not get worried!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.