Help - Toes Folded Under, Panting, Trembling

Guest joedogs_mom

Sending well wishes and prayers to Joe. :getwell Hopefully the meds will give him quick relief. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm sorry. Hopefully the medication helps and he stays healthy for a while yet.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

we're back from the vet. x-rays definitely revealed narrowing in a couple of spaces between discs. the vet diagnosed him with invertebral disc disease. he got a big steroid shot and has steroid pills as well as anti-inflammatories. we'll go back in a week for a re-check. he is a bit better today...not knuckling under nearly as much. i understand this is a degenerative condition, which makes me quite sad, but we'll continue to keep him as comfortable and pain-free as possible! the vet did not recommend surgery especially given his age (almost 10).

thanks again everyone...

laura

Sending prayers for sweet Joe. :grouphug I also would be hesitant regarding surgery... we walked that journey with our Angel Sophia. She was 12 but a very young 12 and her eyes were so bright and full of life and so was she. We opted for the surgery as it was her only chance...they ran into very bad bleeding and had to quit on that afternoon. She went back to surgery in the night as she was in crisis. She remained paralyzed and we had to help our beautiful girl to the Bridge. I don't think that we met "that time frame" due to the fact surgery had to be stopped first time in and they say there is a fine line in that window of time. We did however see senior dogs that came through their surgery very well...after rehab they were running and jumping. Over $10.000 could not save our sweet little Girlfriend.

Know my heart and prayers are with you. You made need a sling for Joe...they really help. Another thing...we had to figure out things to keep her busy as she was allowed no stuffies and no activity when she was first diagnosed. She always shook her babies with her neck and this is where her disease was... and she was a VERY active girl...we did kongs...long car rides...things that she enjoyed but that did not require any energy on her part. WE carefully lifted her into the van and she loved to ride and enjoyed it so much. We also used a harness from the moment she was diagnosed with disc disease. I know you will be very busy...but update us as you can. (((((((Hugs to all))))))))

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Laura you know me Judy & Cynde are a call away if you need anything, including drugs. I have some Previcox from Jack's ear episode with BuyCut...Cynde has pain meds from Threat...so never hesitate to shoot one of us an email when you need help! Babysitting included...well for me anyway. he he he

Guest joedogs_mom

thanks again everybody for your helpful and kind words...he is doing GREAT. i mean, frolicking around in the backyard and back on squirrel patrol...he LOVES the backyard, and i'm just happy to see him obviously feeling so much better. he is not knuckling any more...still a bit tentative on that foot but tons better. i know i'm supposed to be limiting his activity...but that is HARD to do!

thanks again everybody for your helpful and kind words...he is doing GREAT. i mean, frolicking around in the backyard and back on squirrel patrol...he LOVES the backyard, and i'm just happy to see him obviously feeling so much better. he is not knuckling any more...still a bit tentative on that foot but tons better. i know i'm supposed to be limiting his activity...but that is HARD to do!

:yay Awesome news! Ok Mr. Joe...don't do too much too soon young man! :yay

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.