Bones' X - Rays

I still cannot get the flipping things off this disc. I have never seen a disk / program like this. It is some kind of medical imagery thingy.

So...............I took a picture of it for ya. Best I could do, I am tired.

I would never willingly put my dog through this. It is extraordinary that it can even be fixed at all. This is a 13 hole stainless steel plate and we are using all 13 holes.

Before:

Sort of lower left hand side you can see several (five actually) pieces of bone going every which way.

BonesBefore.gif

After:

All lined up back the way it should be with a little help from modern science and a very gifted surgeon.

BonesAfter.gif

Bones is going to make it and live out his normal life span. By the grace of God.

Please be careful everyone!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek OUCH!!!

Hug that boy again!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Good plating job! Glad they didn't need the external fixators.! This MORE than makes up for the surgeon being a butthead...at least he did agood job. Even the staples are aligned.

Edited by rycezmom

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest wmlcml6

OUCH! Poor Bones. He sounds like a trooper, though. Here's hoping for uneventful recovery and fast healing. Now that he's all put back together, just keep a sharp eye out for infection. If you think anything looks or smells funny, don't hesitate to take him in for a check up.

VERY nice... be glad he broke it where he did. LOTS of nice blood supply to help heal things up quickly. Humpty Dumpty is back together again and should be none the worse for wear!

OUCH! Poor Bones. He sounds like a trooper, though. Here's hoping for uneventful recovery and fast healing. Now that he's all put back together, just keep a sharp eye out for infection. If you think anything looks or smells funny, don't hesitate to take him in for a check up.

Cathie that is my worst fear. He is on a heavy duty antibiotic so I am hoping that will keep him well.

VERY nice... be glad he broke it where he did. LOTS of nice blood supply to help heal things up quickly. Humpty Dumpty is back together again and should be none the worse for wear!

:lol :lol :lol Yes he should.

holy crap! he does look put back together nicely though! I sure hope all the healing is uneventful and quick :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest longdogs

That looks much like Nugget's break except hers was a hind leg right at the joint and also ripped off the muscle attachments. We had many dramas because the bone remained exposed for ages, but it did heal quite well. Unfortunately she immediately got osteo in another leg.

Guest Dragonmom
:cookie :cookie :cookie lots of cookies for Bones to help him get better fast and :f_pink for mommy to help her as well :bighug Edited by Dragonmom

Eek. Nice repair job, tho. Suspect your surgeon is a not-so-closet perfectionist. We'll have to think of a new nickname for him. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I haven't caught up on the other thread so hopefully I'm not being overly rude....but what just popped into my mind was:

Dr. Perfect Lametard

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

Okay, I just read the other thread ...I need to rescind my previous nickname and call him Dr. Awesome Hands. It looks like your wonderful dog got some great, great care.

Cathy

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)