Hello From Northern California

Guest GeneJockey

Guest GeneJockey

I've been lurking for a couple weeks now, since we adopted our beautiful new girl Zeena.

04Aug08Pics113.jpg

04Aug08Pics156-1.jpg

She's almost 3, and she really is the sweetest dog in the world.

We got her on 28 July, and although she started out kind of timid (Zeena the Worrier Princess), she's been growing more confident by the day. She's even been barking at the deer behind our back fence - about the only time she ever vocalizes at all. I think we really lucked out - she's shown no inclination to countersurf, she's got excellent manners on leash, and she only did a little "shopping" her first week. She's very affectionate (Zeena the Leaner), and is really enjoying her new home and family.

Guest LolasMom

:wave Hi and CONGRATULATIONS!! :confetti

She's a beautiful girl! But I'm a little subjective as she looks like she could be my boy Freddy's sister. :wub:

Where in No. Cal are you?

Guest sandlot13433

Welcome! My sister is a nurse in Northern California! She just loves it. She lives over in Chico. Are you anywhere near there? Your baby is beautiful!

:welcome Hi and welcome from So Cal!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Welcome from Maine! :welcome2:wave

Zeena is beautiful! :heart:beatheart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest GeneJockey

Thanks everyone. Yes, she is a beauty! But then, I haven't seen an ugly Greyhound yet. ;)

When I mentioned we'd adopted a Greyhound, a friend said, "I thought about adopting, but I heard they're not very affectionate" - I think Zeena didn't get that memo! Sometimes when I'm at the computer, I'll find I suddenly can't use the mouse, because she's draped her head over my wrist, and is looking up at me with those big brown eyes.

Right now, she's sacked out on the floor of the den, right behind my chair, enjoying the coolness of the tiles after a nice brisk walk - which she kept bugging me about for half an hour! She has really gotten to enjoy walks. In fact she loves walks so much that we have to be REALLY careful. The other day, my wife was taking our other dog on a short walk and Zeena, having seen a leash, just assumed she was going too. Now my wife thinks we need an "airlock" at the front door! That's the only time she's shown any signs of bolting.

Oh, yeah - we're in the Bay Area, in San Mateo.

Welcome to GT!

I got my first greyhound from GSGA (I see the initials on her collar!) Congrats on your new family member. She's beautiful!!

As for an "airlock", we use our side door pretty much exclusively because it can be an "airlock"! It opens onto a small laundry room before the main hallway, and I've been grateful for it since we moved here! In our old house, we used a babygate at the house-end of the entry hall. It's not a bad idea! Makes greeting guests or delivery folk a lot easier, too.

We look forward to more pictures and stories from you and your Zeena, Leaning Warrior Princess! :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Welcome from Montana to you and Zeena!

In the first picture, she looks like my lighter grey Zeeba but in the second she looks darker like Boo Zsee. Where is Zeena from and when is her birthday?

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer