A Limping Sadie

Guest BlackandBrindle

Boy, I leave town for 10 days and look what happens!!! Just seeing this. Let us know what the vet says on Monday. I do know if you catch VF early it is a much easier process. Plus, I now know where the cheap drugs are in Arizona. :)

We will keep Sadie and you in our thoughts.

The Girls

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlackandBrindle

Just got back from the vet. More waiting :(

So they took blood to test for Valley Fever and we should get preliminary results in 24 hours and final results within 48.

No xrays. The vet said to do the test first and we'll go from there.

I did get some Metacam to give Sadie while we are waiting to see if that helps.

Dr. Weinstein believes that it's a 'joint issue', not valley fever, but again, we don't know that for sure until the tests come back.

I hate waiting. I called Jenny (Horngreys) to ask about the Metacam (since I've never given it) and I guess we just wait and see. Activity is not restricted, but who knows if they'll be getting walked today or tomorrow. Roy is out of town and I get scared walking all of them on my own because of unleashed dogs.

So that's what it is at the moment.

Sending lots of good thoughts from here :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Why are vets reluctant to take xrays? I'm throwing that out there because I just went through over a year without xrays because my vet was reluctant to do it. It's just a picture of a foot, ya know? Anyway, off my soapbox MJ, I hope you get some resolution soon.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest paulamariez

I'll keep your precious Sadie in my prayers, so they figure out what the problem is and take care of it quickly. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Sadie some healing doggie kisses too.

Guest BlackandBrindle
Why are vets reluctant to take xrays? I'm throwing that out there because I just went through over a year without xrays because my vet was reluctant to do it. It's just a picture of a foot, ya know? Anyway, off my soapbox MJ, I hope you get some resolution soon.

Valley Fever lesions can look a lot like cancer. So we need to rule that out first before taking xrays so as not to get the wrong diagnosis. If the VF test comes back negative, we'll be taking xrays this week.

I gave Sadie the metacam and she's snoozing in the dog room right now.

Valley Fever lesions can look a lot like cancer. So we need to rule that out first before taking xrays so as not to get the wrong diagnosis. If the VF test comes back negative, we'll be taking xrays this week.

Yes it does! Exactly alike! Wrong diagnosis, extra expense that may not be needed. Rule out the most probable first, then move to the trickier.

The Girls

I gave Sadie the metacam and she's snoozing in the dog room right now.

Ahh, very good reason. I know nothing about valley fever.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest BlackandBrindle

It's ok. I didn't know that either and was a little miffed until I spoke to Jenny on my way out of the vet. Apparently this is pretty standard procedure.

If it was going to work, should've done so by now. Are you and your vet sure she doesn't have a corn?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BlackandBrindle
If it was going to work, should've done so by now. Are you and your vet sure she doesn't have a corn?

No, not sure at all. Her pads were fine and then when we got back from the vet I noticed a weird thing on her pad. I'll take a picture. Ugh.

Guest LindsaySF

Did the vet say anything about the "possible burn" on her pads? The pads look like something might be there. Did the vet check the pads at all?