A Limping Sadie

Guest BlackandBrindle

That's exactly how Wayne's pads looked until I soaked in epsom salt and kept bag balm on them.I also will not walk him without his boot. They look very healthy now, but he does have a corn. Thanks to the dremel and the bag balm, that doesn't even bother him as much. Hope Sadie is doing better.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in. How's the girl today MJ? Keeping you both in my thoughts... please update when you can.

:goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest BlackandBrindle

She's still limping.

I think it's a bruise too on the one pad but this is probably the third time this has happened this year, so I'm wondering if there may be an underlying or recurring condition that is making her bruise her pad.

It's easy to bruise here, we don't have lawns with grass, we have rock.

I've soaked with epsom salts and put some bag balm on her foot.

I just hate to see her limping. This is by far the worst it's been and the longest it's taken to see any improvement.

The picture does look like a bruise, and to them, its just like when we walk on pebbles barefooted.

Epsom salts are great...perhaps even try an ice pack for about 20 minutes. Bless her heart.

Not today.

Of course she's barely limping at this point :rolleyes:

Next week I'm taking her in for xrays though.

This is such a good idea! We've dealt with Inu's corn for gosh almost two full years I guess. During the last hulling appointment Inu was in serious pain and practically limping on three legs, which he never does. My vet and I realized we've never taken xrays of his foot! So the next day I got pictures of Inu's toe. There is more going on in that toe than just a corn and only the xrays revealed that. He's got something chronic! So yes get a looksee and what is going on inside too.

Good luck. In terms of boots at least GEM and Greyhound Welfare sell them. With those two groups you would want a medium. From therapaws site directly, they have sizing instructions.

Please let keep us updated.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Hope her limp goes away :( Please update us when you get her x-rays done...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

It looks like a corn to me. Ugh. I hope it's not though. Good thoughts for her.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

She's still limping.

I think it's a bruise too on the one pad but this is probably the third time this has happened this year, so I'm wondering if there may be an underlying or recurring condition that is making her bruise her pad.

It's easy to bruise here, we don't have lawns with grass, we have rock.

I've soaked with epsom salts and put some bag balm on her foot.

I just hate to see her limping. This is by far the worst it's been and the longest it's taken to see any improvement.

It's very easy to bruise here. The rock in most yards here is not the nice rounded kind-most have rough edges. I wouldn't walk on it barefooted. Hopefully it's just a bruise. Nevada did that many times.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Guest BlackandBrindle

Well Sadie's limp is gone as of this morning. :)

Her pads are softer than Spuds, but they are not what I would say 'soft'.... I do put bag balm on her pads when I dremel her nails, so about once a week on average.

Sadie's feet are on average more sensitive to things than Spud's. She refuses to walk on very hot rock (when it's really bad, Roy has to carry her to the shade so she can potty). She won't jump in the car at all unless the asphalt is hot. Maybe she burned her pad?

I will talk to the vet though and see if he thinks that xrays should be done.

Thanks for keeping my girlie in your thoughts.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Just got off the phone with the vet.

We're going to do a Valley Fever titer first before the xrays to see what that reveals.

Sadie is an Arizona dog, it's very common down here, and it would explain a lot I think. So we'll see. Monday at 11 is our appointment so everyone keep good thoughts that it was just a bruise :)

Guest LindsaySF
Maybe she burned her pad?

Entirely possible. One of the people on my pit bull forum lives in NM, and her dog burned her pads on a large flat rock that got hot from the sun. Her paws were wrapped up for over a week.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Test is upcoming Monday. She wanted to go on a walk last night and when I tried to get her to turn around early she wouldn't budge until I turned around and kept walking :lol::wub:

So we cut the walk short for everyone. There is still a slight limp at night but in the mornings she seems to be walking fine. I'll update after we do the test for VF. :)

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sadie is still limping :(

We went to the dog park yesterday, but she barely ran and she was pretty gimpy last night.

I just called the vet to ask that we do exrays as well as the VF test.

Our appointment is at 11. So we should know something more in the next few hours.