Hi From Florida........

Guest Gert

Hi, Everyone!! :wave

I've been lurking here for a few weeks. But, wanted to go ahead and introduce myself. I'm thinking of adopting a GH, but, trying to talk myself out of it, for now. I currently live in FL, but, I have my house on the market. I'm planning to move back to KY, where I'm from, when the house sells.

I had a GH 9 1/2 years ago. His name was Maurice. He was a big, sweet, fawn boy. I didn't get him until he was 7. I adopted him from my vet, who got him from a vet friend of his who was closing his practice to go to med school. That vet used Maurice as a blood donor. I had been thinking of getting a GH when a friend of mine who used the same vet told me about Maurice. I went to see him. I had never seen a GH in person before Maurice. When I saw him, he was the saddest looking dog I had ever seen! He was skinny, was missing all but 6 inches or so of his tail and he had big bald, scarred patches on his hips. But, I knew I had to take him home!! I really knew nothing about GH's at the time.....but, lucky for me, Maurice adjusted to life in a home quickly. He lived to be 12. It broke my heart when I had to send him to The Bridge, due to inoperable cancer. I haven't had a dog since. :cry1

I still have 2 cats (both over 18 years old) and 7 turtles......oh, and a husband! :)

I have decided that I'm ready to give another dog a forever home (although, as I mentioned earlier, the timing is bad since my house is for sale). I've been checking my local GHP, and they have an 8 yr old boy who looks like my Maurice (http://www.jaxkennel.com/GAP/Available.asp?name=Kaboom). He's been there for quite some time (at least since early June), and every day I check to see if he's been adopted.......hoping that he has........

Hopefully my house will sell soon, and I'll be able to give Boomer, or some other grey, the forever home that they deserve!!

Nice to meet y'all!!

Stacy

Guest trevdog

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about Maurice, but happy to hear you're ready to help another! I think I'd go visit the sweetie you have your eye on, he may be waiting just for you.....

It's quite possible he'd be willing to make the move with you!

:wave anmd welcome to Grey Talk. I am also really sorry about Maurice, but I would have to agree I would go check that pup out you are talking about I too would bet that he would make the move with you. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Hi Stacy, :welcome2 Greetings from Staten Island, NY. i have 2 beautiful hounds, Sterling and Kelsey. You'll know the right pup when you meet him or her. Go visit with Boomer - it will cheer you both up.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

House marketing tip: Let prospective buyers see you walking your beautiful dog outside. It makes a nice scene, and helps them remember the house in a good way!

(But, make sure your realtors know not to just open the door and wander in unless the animals are all properly controlled!! ;) )

Of course, you have to GET a greyhound for this tip to work ....

(By the way, that's what we did, about 4 years ago!)

Welcome to GT!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Everyone!

My biggest concern is that if I can't find a house to buy right away in KY, who's going to let me rent with a large dog, 2 cats and 7 turtles?!?! :lol:

I think I will go to the Meet-n-Greet this weekend, though.......maybe talk to the folks and meet Boomer............ :ph34r

Well, we are picking our Galgo up from the airport and bringing him home a week after we move...so moving should't be the deciding factor. We're going to be moving 2 greyhounds, a dalmatian and 2 birds in the meantime. Just make sure you have a home to move to with him.

Well, we are picking our Galgo up from the airport and bringing him home a week after we move...so moving should't be the deciding factor. We're going to be moving 2 greyhounds, a dalmatian and 2 birds in the meantime. Just make sure you have a home to move to with him.

Exactly! I've got to make sure I have a place to move to before I get a dog, I think. Maybe the Meet-n-Greet's will scratch my itch for a grey......temporarily, anyway! :)

Until then, thanks again to everyone for the kind words! I will keep you posted!

Stacy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fatesrelease

Welcome, and I'm sorry about Maurice- but I think you should go visit boomer at the shelter! If he's speaking to you, then you should listen to your heart and visit him! I'm sure you won't regret it!

Just seeing this! Welcome :welcome2 from Jacksonville! I'm in south Mandarin.

Hey, Neighbor! You're not far from me at all......I'm near Beach and Southside, in Sans Souci. :wave

Welcome, and I'm sorry about Maurice- but I think you should go visit boomer at the shelter! If he's speaking to you, then you should listen to your heart and visit him! I'm sure you won't regret it!

I did go for a visit last weekend. Boomer, unfortunately, has a very high prey-drive, and I have 2 cats. They told me that they don't think it's anything he can be trained out of either.....but, what a sweetie! I was planning another visit this weekend, but, I had too much cleaning up to do due to Tropical Storm Fay.

I still worry that I should wait until I move.....trying to keep a house "staged" to show may be harder with dog beds and a crate (possibly)......my house isn't very big. But, who knows how long it will be before I sell?!?!? And, after my visit last week, I think it's going to be hard to wait!! I haven't stopped thinking of the dogs since! :blush

Stacy

Guest fatesrelease

Oh yeah, I can totally understand that. I have two cats and need to make sure my forever grey is cat friendly, for I will always have cats. I just love them. Both of which I adopted from a local shelter. :)

Yeah, I hear you! I'm obsessed XD