Ok Everyone Asia Is Home!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looks wonderful. And Cosmo looks very happy to have his sister back home. I used to call Vinnie's little screams "pain yips" - most of the time it was just his way of saying ouch - but they did have different levels to them - when they got louder and sharper it meant he needed more pain med - you'll be able to tell the difference very quickly. You can also tell by looking at her muzzle/nose area - Vinnie would get his "stress face" - meaning the vein that runs in the area kinda sticks out more noticeably and he would start panting - we got very good at telling when that would start and getting his meds in him to head it off. I'll bet your heart was ready to burst with love on the way home and looking back to see her standing up and enjoying her ride. She really looks wonderful and the surgery site is beautifully done. Sending more hugs and scritches and lots of healing thoughts for a fast recovery.

Coso has been so hard to leave in the morning, crying howling :( did not like being the only dog left behind. I will certainly try to distinguish between ouchies and increase the pain meds.

Waiting for Bob to come home ,boy will he be relieved, I don't think he was really ready for this and was skeptical of this decision. i have no regrets.

Dr Hart is BRILLIANT!!!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

That doesn't look bad at all! Very clean and neat. I'm glad she was happy to see you and eager to go home. Cosmo looks so happy to have her back. She'll be out giving the intruders he!! in no time!

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Audrey, she looks wonderful! You are right, you have an excellent surgeon---some of them can stitch up a wound like it was done on a sewing machine, and others make it look so ragged. Your vet is a pro....Hot Tamale, if you say so!

And Asia looks relaxed and so happy to be home. You may be lucky like I was, and have an easy recovery, but here's what I did: hoped for the best and expected the worst. I don't mean to be negative, but I think if you know there can be problems, you're prepared, and if there aren't any, what a bonus!

I don't think there is going to be any keeping that girl down. As always, sending prayers and white light for a speedy, problem-free recovery, and a long, long remission.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Glad to hear the surgery went well Audrey...hopefully the recovery process will too.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest LadyChester

Wow! Asia looks fantastic and SO happy to be home. Cosmo looks relieved to have her home where she belongs!

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Let me start by saying I was so nervous waiting to see her for the 1st time. Just so happens Lucy and Barbara were there with their dog Gracie? I'm sorry I have senior moments was it Gracie?. Thank you guys for your support!

They brought her out and she was happy to see me and even nosed through my legs from behind that was the greatest sign that she is not in pain and was being cute!

Dragged me to the truck, wanted to jump in herself, of course not letting her and having to pick her up made her scream. the tech assured me that it wasn't pain and it wasn't. She got in and layed down and looked so happy, that is all she wanted was to get into the truck and go home So i am driving and somewhere midpoint on 684 I turn to look and she is up and staring out the window, she was RIDEN!!! oh man did that make me happy and I asked her to lie back down and she did

I also would like to mention that her incision is as neat as a pin it is magnificent the way it looks, Dr Hart IS THE HOT TAMALE TRAIN :yay !!!! It is amazing dry, no blood, no bruising. She seems to be business as usual. just asked to go pee pee and she did it like a pro. Still needs to make a doody

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/56523...host=good-times

of course i did not pick Good Times as the subject category and i can't figure out how to change it in Webshots :(

This is just so unbelievable i hope it stays this smooth!

Glad to hear, Audrey. :) I've been thinking about your Asia girl.

Aww, she looks great! Yay!!!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

This hospital even cuts the pills in half for you. She needs 1 1/2 tramadol 2x a day and some are whole and some are halfed. I think that is nice :)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

She looks wonderful Audrey. Really nice looking incision. I'm so happy she is home where she belongs. Prayers for an uneventful healing.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I think she looks fantastic! I'm so glad she's home and doing well. Heal quickly little one!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Wow, another amazing story that brings tears to my eyes. Bless her heart. May she have an easy, pain free recovery and bring you many more years of happiness.

Hugs to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest houndlover

So glad that her surgery went well and she is home now resting. The incision looks great. I love the pics. The last one where she is laying down with her head resting on a stuffie made me cry....she just looks so sweet. :wub:

Guest FullMetalFrank

She looks really fantastic. I hope she has a speedy healing time and not too much pain, she is such a sweet girl!

Asia, you look wonderful! Glad to hear that you are home now. Sending healing thoughts.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)