Dash Has Back Problems

Guest diggerspeed

Guest diggerspeed

my big boy dash had started having some issues getting straightened up after laying down and was in a lot of discomfort, when sitting down or doing anything. i took him to the vet and after some x-rays they feel like he has a herniated disc in his back. they gave my pain meds and an antiinflamatory to try and help him relax so it will hopefully get better without any thing major. they want me to keep him crated for four to six weeks and any walks are to be on a leash not loose in the back yard. im real worried about him, i dont want him to end up having surgery for this. i have had surgery on my back and i cant imagine how hard that would be on him. i sure hope this works. its gonna be tough on both of us cause we love to play so much, and my boy alex does as well. so now alex doesnt understand why dash cant play and dash doesnt understand why he cant do as he wants to. i guess right now he is limiting himself to get himself to feel better anyway, but its gonna be tough when he starts to feel better.

Lots of good thoughts for your boy. It's so tough on them when their routine has to change and they don't understand why. Hoping he feels better soon!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

If you can take the time -- and weather allows -- leash walks should be OK. After the first @ 2-3 weeks you should be able to do longer tho still gentle walks, which may help take the edge off his desire to do other things. Rest and leash only is hard on an active dog, I know. Sending many hugs and prayers for a complete recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Teddy has had (and still does) disk issues for the past year. He is only 4.5. We immediately switched from Martingale to a harness so we would not pull on his neck area and I don't know if acupuncture is an option for your boy but it really helped Teddy.

We also have him on a disk supplement, glucosomine, msm, vit. c, and other goodies from greyhound gang.

Hoping for a fast and uneventful recovery. If acupuncture is an option, please check into it. It really made a difference and now Teddy doesn't have to go every week. We are on maintinence.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest diggerspeed

the meds seem to be helping my boy dash. he is in no where near the pain that he was. i have been keeping him crated or if im in the house i have him on the leash sitting right next to me so he doesnt move around. im still worried about him but i hope this is a good sign and a good start to hoping he recovers well. lets keep our fingers crossed this works.