2 Weird Bumps On Hannah's Chest

Guest brandi007

Guest brandi007

Hannah was roaching the other day and I was giving her belly rubs when I noticed these two pink bumps on her chest. They are raised, so when you rub them you can feel them - they're attached to 'her' and not her skin as when you're rubbing her belly her skin moves but not the bumps. Anyone know what this is?

Edit: Hannah has Lyme, don't know if this pertains to the bumps or not...

Picture217.jpg

Picture212-2.jpg

Picture213.jpg

Edited by brandi007

By being attached to her I am assuming you mean that they are more than skin deep?....I have no idea what they are but I would be making an appointment with my Vet if I found them on my dog....I hope that it is nothing nasty. :goodluck

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest brandi007
By being attached to her I am assuming you mean that they are more than skin deep?....I have no idea what they are but I would be making an appointment with my Vet if I found them on my dog....I hope that it is nothing nasty. :goodluck

Yeah, it's like attached to the muscle or something....So if you move her skin around like when you're rubbing they stay stationary. Oy....

Guest brandi007

I did one of those "Ask the Vet" thingies and this is what I got back...What do you all think?

Hello Brandi - I am a pet nurse and not a vet. You can wait and see if they go away. They may be just fatty pockets of tissue. Many times they will re-absorbed themselves..

Again, I am not a vet..

If they get bigger, then yes please call a Vet for a look.

Otherwise - her are some ideas for natural solutions...

Ok, lets get Hannah on some good supplements.

Vitamin E 150 IU ( 1 per day)

Sprinkle pure garlic into her food ( less than a 1/2 of a teaspoon per day ) - Make sure it is pure garlic powder.

Salmon Oil - give her 1 teaspoon per day of PURE salmon oil

mixed into her food.

NuVET Plus - the best immune system booster... The will ship to you...It will cost a little bit more because you are in Calgary...

NuVET Plus is guaranteed or they will refund you.

Here is the site for ordering: Use vet code ***** / they can't sell to the public without this vet code.

http://www.nuvet.com/

She needs 1 NuVET per day - just .55 cents per day.

Fatty pockets of tissue would presumably move with the skin when you manipulate the skin. If they are fixed under the flesh, I'd be having her seen by a vet.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest brandi007

Yeah....man, vet's need to charge like $25 to ask if something is really something to be worrying about, rather than the $100 for a full visit :(

Fatty pockets of tissue would presumably move with the skin when you manipulate the skin. If they are fixed under the flesh, I'd be having her seen by a vet.

I'd want the vet to have a lookie, too ... but ... the good news is, fatty lumps often (usually?) are attached underneath, as to the muscle.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest brandi007

I'd want the vet to have a lookie, too ... but ... the good news is, fatty lumps often (usually?) are attached underneath, as to the muscle.

I'll see how they are when I get home and maybe this weekend...they want to charge me $70 just to ask if it's anything which normally I wouldn't mind but am really short on cash after the Lyme thing with Hannah and the Thyroid check with Sophie. Do you know how long Fat lumps usually take to disappear? She seems fine otherwise. Oy...bean :(

Yep, fatty lumps usually don't disappear. They are usually somewhat squishy, but whippet has had some hard, non-squishy ones. Often they get bigger, but they can stay the same size for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. Shouldn't cause any pain, shouldn't be red or irritated looking (given where they are; if they're right behind an elbow or some such, they can get irritated).

If they're not bothering her, I wouldn't call this an emergency. I'd keep an eye on them over the next week or two for changes in appearance, signs of rapid growth, etc.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest brandi007

Yeah they definitely didn't look irritated at all, like not an 'inflamed' pink, just a light yellowy pink. They didn't seem to bother her at all when I poked them and such...she just sat there on her back loving the rubs. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for all the advice!

The thing that bothers me about them is the colour, I have seen lots of "fatty lumps" (or Lipomas) on dogs over the years and I have never noticed a change in the colour of the skin in the area. They don't seem to be inflamed as there is no actual redness, quite the opposite in fact. I wonder if they were some kind of insect bite as the slight yellowing might be serum collected under the skin?

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

The thing that bothers me about them is the colour, I have seen lots of "fatty lumps" (or Lipomas) on dogs over the years and I have never noticed a change in the colour of the skin in the area. They don't seem to be inflamed as there is no actual redness, quite the opposite in fact. I wonder if they were some kind of insect bite as the slight yellowing might be serum collected under the skin?

good point...your normal fatty tumor wouldn't change the color of the skin.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)