Poor Sara - Swollen Lmph Node

Sara, my (GME) girl has a swollen lymph node in her neck, a week ago I brought her to my vet and they did 2 needle aspirations and also checked all her other lymph nodes, took temperature, thorough checkup. She does not have cancer, phew!, temp normal and other nodes were fine, and so no meds were given. Last summer when she was on tons of meds for GME and chemo, she had the same swollen Lymph node that the vets checked and it went back to normal?? So , here I am a week later, the Lymph Node is still swollen, the vets called Monday to check on her and said to give it a week, well it 's a week and I just called to get another appt because even though she seems o.k, I am concerned. She has had liquiid poop, but she gets that occasionally(IBS), no other symptoms, still goes for her walks and did zoomies w/her stuffie in yard last night. Has anyone else experienced this?

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest greybookends

Sheana recently had the same thing happen. We treated her for a Tick born disease. High doses of antibiotics for 30 days took care of it.

Good luck.

Could be something with a tooth?

The vet thought tooth thing to and she checked that, she said they looked fine?

Sheana recently had the same thing happen. We treated her for a Tick born disease. High doses of antibiotics for 30 days took care of it.

Good luck.

What tick born disease did Sheana have? I could have the vets test for that.

Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest greybookends

Good luck.

We don't know for sure as tick titers are expensive and the most common treatment is antibiotics. The vet and I discussed it and decided that without tests to confirm our suspicions to just treat with doxy. It won't hurt her if it's not tick borne and if it is something else the fact that she is on the antibiotics makes her one step up on whatever is going on.

Good luck.

We don't know for sure as tick titers are expensive and the most common treatment is antibiotics. The vet and I discussed it and decided that without tests to confirm our suspicions to just treat with doxy. It won't hurt her if it's not tick borne and if it is something else the fact that she is on the antibiotics makes her one step up on whatever is going on.

Thanks , you have got me thinking, when she was due for her shots in January, she had just gone through 10 months chemo, prednisone, and phenabarb, 2 antibiotics, for her brain disease(GME) and her neurologist did not want her to be given the lyme vaccination without a tick titer so we had tick titer done, and results were negative, they did not give the vaccine for that reason.

Guest greybookends

Unless she's allergic to the doxy I see no reason why you can't give it to her just to be on the safe side. It won't hurt her.

Guest paulamariez

Bueller's had swollen neck glands because of repeated gum infections. Believe it or not, his actual teeth were fine, no cavities or impactions. But there were other symptoms, like seriously red and inflamed gums and an icky infection smell in his mouth. Just thought I'd toss it out there. I'll keep your sweetheart in my prayers. Thank God it's not cancer!! Bueller's sending some extra doggie kisses to Sara, 'cuz he's said he's been there!

Update on Sara, not sure how to change original thread. We went back to the vets this A.M. and they did another needle aspiration, this is not her regular vet, she is new at the practice but not a new vet, and also checked her thoroughly again. Her temp was normal and all her other nodes were normal, again no infection, mucous and salivary gland, not lymph node are what the swelling is, vet thinks she may have punctured(not sure if that is term she used, a salivary gland and as a result the saliva is filling up in this pocket, it makes sense, Sara eats these chicken jeeky treats, they are hard and sharp. There was no pus/infection in the sample they looked at either time from needle aspiration, only saliva, red blood cells. Unfortunately it could take month-2 months to heal, they don't give her anything to treat it, it could be repaired surgically, but they don't suggest that because there are too many other things in that area on her neck, too scary. She is not in any pain, that I can see, she is eating great, I will continue to watch it closely, if she experiences problems eating, or any pain to the touch, I will bring her right in to them. No more of the chicken treats, of course there are many other treats for Miss Sara!! She went through so much last year with her GME that I tend to worry about her constantly, she has not had a relapse of that horrible disease of which there is no cure, and she is a fighter, my miracle girl. Thanks for all the good wishes

Guest paulamariez

Glad to hear that it's nothing serious! I will keep Sara in my prayers though, for the GME, so that she doesn't have any relapses. Tell her to stay strong. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Sara some doggie kisses!

Keep us updated and kiss the pretty girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.