Should I Give Pepcid If

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

Kool Aid did not really eat all day Monday. I think if he had any it was a few mouth fulls of kibble. This morning at 430am he actually came and whined to go out. This is completly unlike him. This boy sleeps in till 8-830 when I am off to work then he goes to the bathroom. If his brother and sister have to go he won't if it's any earlier.

Then at 515, he came and whined again and you could hear his stomach making noises. I thought maybe he would be hungry because of not eating but he would not come anywhere near the food bowl. He stood by the back door gate and whined to go out. I let him out went with him this time and he is doing nothing but eating grass. It is now 527am and he is still doing this. Should I let him? Give him pepcid? And if so how much? He is 82lbs approx.

Thank you

Could give him one 10mg.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest koolaidnconner

So before I left Kool Aid would not get up to do anything. When I got him up because I had to leave for work he was trying to throw up with no success. He is warm to touch, I believe a little more than usual and no appetite. I called the vet and they told me to bring him in as soon as I could. I just figured this would be a stomach flu of some sort?? Am I wrong? What could this be?

If he's trying to throw up and can't, best get him to the vet. Sooner -- as in now -- is a lot better than later. Could be a blockage, could be HGE (hemorrhagic gastroenteritis), could be a couple other things.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hope he is just having one of those "my tummy doesn't feel good." Let us know!

Guest KRKWMU

Hope your trip to the vet gives you some answers about Kool-Aid. I agree that taking him was probably the right thing to do. :goodluck

Update us when you can.

Guest koolaidnconner

So when I got home I phoned the vet like I told her I would and the lady on the phone said well we are booked solid, she asked me to bring him in as a drop off tommorrow morning. ugggg..I came home and he had thrown up lots of grass with yellow bile in it. They said if he gets worse to call before 6pm. If he gets worse tonight take him to the E-Vet.

He is sleeping right now, still not eating. I don't hear the grumblies in his tummy anymore but he is definitly being very quiet.

Guest paulamariez

Poor Kool Aid. (I LOVE his name, by the way!) I hope he's just having one of those, I don't feel like eating much days. I know mine do go through that every once in a while. Especially on those really warm days, mine tend to eat a lot lighter. Domino is the king of throwing up the yellow bile. He's actually hungry, but his tummy just feels upset from going too long without a meal or snacks, so he goes out and eats a bit of grass so he can puke, thinking he's making himself feel better. We usually give a dose of liquid Pepto Bismol and it coats Dom's tummy and makes it feel better so he can eat. I hope Kool Aid's dilemma is as simple as that! I will keep your sweet little boy in my prayers that he's feeling better today!!

Guest koolaidnconner

He ate about a half a cup of food last night but I have not seen him drink any water. He won't eat this morning. He went out and was eating lots more grass. I have not seen him try to throw up anymore today so far. Right now he is lounging on my(his)..lol bed sleeping. We are leaving in about 20 mins to go to the doctor.

Guest koolaidnconner

I noticed this morning Kool Aid was licking the couch purfusely, then it was my bed, then we are in the van on the way to the vet and he started panting heavily and drooling and started licking my van seat and then I could not believe it but he started chewing the seats :jaw . I have never seen him do this before. The lady at the office said maybe a tooth is bothering him? I hope so because I just read all the symptoms of bloat and he seems to have a few of them. But I am also getting myself all worked up because he is never sick. He is my strong tough guy and the last couple of days have been hard to see him so helpless.

Jeanie does the same thing licking and panting heavily and drooling for her that means that she wants out to eat grass for her upset tummy . It usually solves her upset stomach .Except in the winter when she ate the comforter no grass available . i will be planting grass seed this winter in the house for her . Hope all is well for him when you see the vet .

Guest koolaidnconner

Well we just got back from the vets and she does not see anything wrong with him, she said not that there isn't but an initial exam she said he was very alert and she did not feel it was serious. So she put him on Medi-Cal Gastro for a week. She thinks maybe he ate something he shouldn't have and it's not agreeing with him. I could very well see that...lol..He is my food hound and daddy seems to think giving people food is a treat...

Guest paulamariez

I hope the new food works for poor Kool Aid! My Bueller does something really weird too when he wants to go out and eat grass to puke. He goes around the carpeting and tries to pick up and lint or fuzz from the rugs. It's really weird, just like the car cushion thing. I think they're just so desperate to make themselves puke!! I will keep your sweet little Koolie in my prayers for a quick and complete recovery. Bueller's sending Kool Aid lots of doggie kisses 'cuz he's been there!

I hope Kool Aid is starting to feel better real soon. Bless his heart, he may have ate something that botered him I hope the medicine makes him feel better. :bighug:bighug:getwell

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest CarriesMom

:gh_bow

When ever Carrie had an upset tummy and was outside eating her "salad" in the yard, I gave her Pepto Bismol and that really did the trick.

If her poops get mushy and she seems to have an upset tummy, I give her Old Mother Hubbard CharTar biscuits. This really helps aid in their digestion.

:lol:wow