Dempsey Update

Guest HeatherDemps

Guest HeatherDemps

Wanted to post a quick update to share the good news about Dempsey. :) Summer has been pretty hectic so I've not been on here nearly as much as I would like!

Anyway, Demspey had another 2-month checkup at U of I and his chest x-rays showed the lungs are still clear. His kidney values were a little elevated so we're having those rechecked at the end of the this week. It wasn't at a point where they were super concerned but they want to keep an eye on it. With the study he is in, he's either getting a placebo or Piroxicam and apparently Piroxicam could affect the kidneys. If the numbers don't improve, he'd get pulled from the study.

Demps is still enjoying life and trotting around as much as possible despite the heat and humidity here. :) We were away for a 10-day vacation, so he was a little exrtra clingy there for awhile but has overcome that and is back to where he can't be bothered to get off the couch when we walk in the door. :)

So hard to believe that we are almost 7 months post-surgery. Time flies and we're appreciating every moment we have and hoping for many more cancer-free days!

Take care,

Heather

That is something I needed to read. :yay Dempsey!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

NOW...that is what I call a wonderful update! Hug Dempsey for me! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Heather, that is wonderful news.

Hey, Dempsey, we love you, big guy!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a great update! :yay Keep on keepin' on, Dempsey! You're an inspiration. :D

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Vinnie

What absolutely heartwarming news - yay Dempsey - you show that awful disease who's the boss - Woohoo! It's so great to see that Dempsey is doing well and that you are all enjoying life.

Really glad to hear that Dempsey is doing well and is about to celebrate his 7th 'ampuversary' :D

Darcy sends him a large kiss (and hopes that Winslow doesn't mind on this occassion) :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest paulamariez

Wonderful news about Dempsey! He's an absolutely gorgeous boy! And he was soooo happy on those pictures!! I never saw a hound smile that much!! It's obvious that you made the right choice for Dempsey with the amputation. There's a boy that is enjoying life! Thanks for the update and the pictures. It's always nice to get good news on this board. I will keep your precious Dempsey in my prayers for a long, healthy (he's already got the happy part down!) life. You can just see how much Dempsey and his family love each other.