Heartgard Plus

Guest LokisMom

Guest LokisMom

We gave the dogs their monthly dose of Heartgard Plus on Saturday. At least 2 of them had pretty loose stool on Sunday and then I came home to a mess today. It wasn't quite runny but it was puddingy at least. I just wondered if this could be a side effect of the Heartgard or if there is something else going on. I don't know whether to take them to the vet or chalk it up to sensitive greyhound stomachs.

They have had Heartgard Plus before but I cannot remember if we had problems with it in the past. We do have the occasional bout of the big D but I have never thought of a possible connection before so am not sure on the timing of the previous bouts. Does anyone else get this reaction with their heartworm meds?

ETA: They are all acting normal, their poo is just not so good and they are not holding it as well as they normally do.

Edited by LokisMom

The last few months Carolina and Jake have been the same way. Just really soft poo. It is always the day after the Heartguard Plus. Never had any issues before, I wonder if they might have changed something in the med.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest teachckg
The last few months Carolina and Jake have been the same way. Just really soft poo. It is always the day after the Heartguard Plus. Never had any issues before, I wonder if they might have changed something in the med.

It is interesting to read this because Kate had soft stool for a few days also and I just realized it was after I gave her the heartguard!