Lucky Has A Set Back

Guest Greytminds

Guest Greytminds

Its been a long succesful road for Lucky with out seziures. Because of the constant sucessful lowering of meds with no complications we attempted the last two pills could be dropped at one time. This looks like it might be to much at once. At four AM Lucky had a mild gran mal which was stopped within the first two minutes by using the ICE PACK, thanks Emily, we will monitar the next 48 hours to see if we will need to place him back on PB with a smaller dose then last taken. We are not discouraged about the set back as he has done fabulous on the dietary program but feel maybe this seizure was due to withdrawl of PB. He also recieved his Heartworm meds on Saturday.

If we need to work the PB back into his regiment we will know within the next 48hours.

Just Praying he overcomes this set back without adding PB back.

Guest EmilyAnne

Just so everyone knows, Lucky made it 4 months, 17 days. That's pretty darn good! :colgate

Henry is at 18 days today. Which is very good for Henry considering the last few months.

I remain confident, and I know the home cooked diet both our hounds are on is really helping!

We think of Lucky often.

Thank you so much for all your support Paul!

Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending good thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed for Lucky :goodluck:grouphug:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Greytminds

The Bounce Back Kidd :offwall:offwall:offwall

Lucky had a great night. Came home from work last night to very happy boy. One of us slept all night with out a twitch or a blink. I'll give you a hint..... it wasn't me. He had not shown any more signs of withdrawal. Keeping my fingers crossed that we make it to Friday then I think we will be home free.

THanks for all your thoughts I feel that since GT saved Lucky he belongs to all of us.

Paul

Edited by Greytminds

Guest Greytminds

While Lucky has made some great improvemtents over the past 4 months it appears he must continue the PB if not for a while longer. Anthony did witness another seziure today at 12:00 PM. I must say that because of the diet we were able to drop his meds significantly and will look into doing another change at sometime in the future. Phenobarbital is a addictive drug so we had to rethink the strategey. With that being said Lucky is a very happy and content boy and the two pills a day versus the six has made a huge difference in his quality of life. The ice pack once again made a huge difference in the length of time of the seziure. Once the ice pack was placed on him it was over within 30 seconds.

I wish the news could have been different but we still are optemistic for future changes..

Paul

2 pills vs. 6 is HUGE.

Hope that will give him a balance of no seizures and minimal side effects for a long time to come.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:kiss2 For Lucky, and for Henry.Paul, you guys have made such a difference in Lucky's life, as has Emily in Henry's life. I'm grateful that they are in the hands that they are. Because it just doesn't get better than you guys and Emily.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

It sounds like he is getting better :yay , we will continue to pray and he will be in our thoughts and you too. :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest EmilyAnne
:kiss2 For Lucky, and for Henry.Paul, you guys have made such a difference in Lucky's life, as has Emily in Henry's life. I'm grateful that they are in the hands that they are. Because it just doesn't get better than you guys and Emily.

You know, I am just so glad to know Paul (via cyberspace,though I'd be thrilled to meet him in real life too!)

I was lost and not getting anywhere before Paul and Lucky came along. Tomorrow morning Henry will be 20 days seizure free. Since March 11th, only once has he been grand-mal free for 20 days.

The day I started the diet Paul shared with me, Henry's daily flycatchers competely and totally stopped. And now, he is 19 days of no grand-mals, two days away from setting a record since March 11th.

If I wouldn't have met Paul, I would have had to resort to pheno. Now, maybe I won't have to.

This is all info we gotta get out there in hopes it helps someone else who has a dog with epilepsy. There's no one size fits all for treating epilepsy, but through hard work and research we are learning some very valuable things that could work for a lot of dogs! So far it's working for Henry & Lucky!