Prayers For Miz Foxy - We've Come To The End

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are real quiet here and that is just fine. Miz Foxy is resting very comfortably on her love seat. She got very restless and was trying to stand up, so I got a towel and used it as a sling under her belly. Her right front leg wants to knuckle, but she corrects instantly. It also wants to be on the outside of her left side. :blink: She can stand if I position it for her, but can't walk without my help. I carried her outside grunting (her not me) and she went for a huge pee and a little pooh. I called the e-vet and talked to a vet tech and she reassured me that unless Foxy is stressed or in pain to keep her at home until our vet opens tomorrow. Foxy is running a temp and as much as I hate to say it, that is probably due to another tumor inside. I gave her some pain meds to see if that gets her fever down. She won't recover from this, but it does my heart a lot of good to know she will likely pass at home, here where we love her best.

I'm so grateful to have so many people thinking of us. We love you and thank you!

Miss Peanutty is very subdued and hanging out downstairs with her Daddy while I talk to y'all. Her brother Jake is my shadow today. Jet is on my bed. : :)

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest tampagreymom

My heart aches for what you must be going through. Foxy has been an inspiration to my girlie wo also had Hemangiopericytoma. I met you at Sandy Paws and you were so kind. Cherish every moment with your sweet girl. My thoughts are with you both.

Awww, Janet- I'm just so sorry to hear this. You and Miz Foxy have been such a great team in the fight against cancer, and advocates for greyhound adoption - you and she were just meant to be, You are so lucky to have found each other. I'll be thinking of you as you as you face this final stretch of your journey together. Hugs to both of you...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest ChancesMom

Janet, I am so sorry. Sending good thoughts and hugs your way. She will go with you knowing you have done everything you can.

Donna

Oh, Janet, I'm so sorry. You've so lovingly shared your remarkable lady with us, and now all of us are sharing your sadness. But we can't help but shake our heads along with you, and feel such love and pride for her determination, even till the end, to do things her way. What a force to be reckoned with she is, and what an inspiration, for a life lived so fully because she was precisely where she was meant to be, with the person who loves her unconditionally.

We'll be thinking of you and Foxy with much sympathy, and hoping that when she decides the time is right, she leaves you gently, knowing that she's so very loved.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest LolasMom
Oh, Janet, I'm so sorry. You've so lovingly shared your remarkable lady with us, and now all of us are sharing your sadness. But we can't help but shake our heads along with you, and feel such love and pride for her determination, even till the end, to do things her way. What a force to be reckoned with she is, and what an inspiration, for a life lived so fully because she was precisely where she was meant to be, with the person who loves her unconditionally.

We'll be thinking of you and Foxy with much sympathy, and hoping that when she decides the time is right, she leaves you gently, knowing that she's so very loved.

Amen :heart

Still holding you with our heart :brokenheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

...I gave her some pain meds to see if that gets her fever down. She won't recover from this, but it does my heart a lot of good to know she will likely pass at home, here where we love her best.

Cool compresses helped with my girls' fevered times. If you don't have actual cold packs, wrap a bag of frozen peas in a soft towel and gently apply to areas of her body, chest, abdomen, etc, just for a couple minutes at a time.

:bighug:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Praying. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hugs and prayers.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest greytfulhounds

I am so sorry this is happening. My heart is breaking for all of you. Sending prayers that all is peaceful and that your final hours together will be filled with love. :grouphug:candle

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sending prayers of strength and comfort.

Miz Foxy couldn't have asked for a better family. You are all in our thoughts and prayers :grouphug

Just checking in and hoping Miss Foxy is having a peaceful evening, Janet.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Just checking in and hoping Miss Foxy is having a peaceful evening, Janet.

She is Susan, now that we got our toiletting out of the way. Man that girl is stuborn. Foxy actually walks pretty well outside, just a wee bit too fast for my comfort. I just walk alongside with the towel sling under her just in case. She only stumbled a couple of times then almost peed on my foot. :lol I had to carry her outside and just as we got to the kitchen her bowels let go. She tried to poop outside and seemed confused about why it didn't work. On the way in she had a huge drink, I kept trying to move her over as I didn't want her to have too much too quickly. Foxy had other ideas.

I'm going to sleep downstairs and when I have to go to work Daddy will take over. I can't get a supply teacher today since it's a holiday and no-one is answering their phones. Plus I do all the unlocking and alarms, so it's easier to just go in for an hour until I can get someone. Then I'll come home and see how we are.

You know I always try to post in threads hoping that the words mean something, but never knowing. I can honestly say that the words of comfort mean so very much. Thank you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Still praying for that miracle and that this is JUST a setback of some kind. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.