Daisy's Stomach Is Making Horrible Noises

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

As I am typing this Daisy is laying on the futon right next to the computer. Her stomach is making these horrible loud gurgling noises. :wacko: She hasn't eaten at all today and when I walked them last nite she had the big D. She also seems really down in the dumps. At first I thought that it might be the heat but it really isn't that bad here today. Is anyone else having these problems with their pups? I should also add that my boys are both fine and not having any problems.

If we don't feed Jasmine on schedule her stomach will make these awful rumbling gurgling noises. When we first adopted her we thought she was having an upset stomach and have learned it is just her stomach saying FEED ME NOW.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest ChancesMom

Chance has a lot of tummy issues. I give him a Pepcid every day which seems to help with the gurgling. Just watch the poop and make sure you don't see any blood in it.

Guest houndlover
Chance has a lot of tummy issues. I give him a Pepcid every day which seems to help with the gurgling. Just watch the poop and make sure you don't see any blood in it.

Yes, I think that I am going to give her a Pepcid. I just can't imagine what would have caused her stomach issues. I haven't changed her food but I have been giving her rescue remedy (she is thunder phobic)...maybe that is causing her tummy to be upset. For Pepcid..1 tablet (20mg) every 24hrs...is that correct?

Yes, I think that I am going to give her a Pepcid. I just can't imagine what would have caused her stomach issues. I haven't changed her food but I have been giving her rescue remedy (she is thunder phobic)...maybe that is causing her tummy to be upset. For Pepcid..1 tablet (20mg) every 24hrs...is that correct?

I hope you get to the bottom of it. Can't advise on Pepcid, have never used it. But any of the Bach's remedies wouldn't cause an upset tummy. I hope she feels better

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Aladdin and Jasmine have bad bellies and even if I don't chenge anything with their diets, if they eat grass their bellies make a horrible noise.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest pbailey1

Every once in a while (maybe once a month or so) Secrets stomach will make horrible gurgling noises. I usually notice it in the morning when it's quiet and she's laying on the bed with me. Usually she doesn't eat much that day, but by the next day she's fine. As long as it doesn't persist I haven't worried.

Guest paulamariez

Domino's tummy does this when he doesn't eat soon enough or get enough food. A lot of the times when this happens, he will throw up yellow bile from his empty tummy. We've had good luck with a dose of the liquid Pepto Bismol. When Dom's stomach is this upset, he tends not to want to eat, even though he's starving. The Pepcid probably will work in the same way the Pepto does, eases the nausea so they can eat some food and fill their poor empty tummies!

Guest houndlover
Domino's tummy does this when he doesn't eat soon enough or get enough food. A lot of the times when this happens, he will throw up yellow bile from his empty tummy. We've had good luck with a dose of the liquid Pepto Bismol. When Dom's stomach is this upset, he tends not to want to eat, even though he's starving. The Pepcid probably will work in the same way the Pepto does, eases the nausea so they can eat some food and fill their poor empty tummies!

I gave Daisy some Pepcid yesterday and she did eat more today but she still has the big D. I am going to try another Pepcid tomorrow or maybe I will try the Pepto. How much do you give a day for that?

Guest Winterwish

You could try to give her a shredded boiled chicken breast with a tablespoon of pumpkin added to her food,giving her a small amount at a time.

The can of pumpkin needs to be 100% pure pumpkin,and definitely not the pie mix. Whole Foods or healthfood stores will have it if your ordinary grocer does not.

Boiling a chicken breast takes out the fat. Fatty foods can trigger stomach upset,and if not that,I'll put it this way,nonfatty,bland foods are just easy on the stomach.

I hope Daisy is feeling better today. :getwell

Guest paulamariez

The Pepto should help getting rid of the Big D, as well as help get their appetite back. We generally give our boys two tablespoons to start, then follow up with one tablespoon, after they go loose poops again. You can try the Pepto capsules, but we've found the liquid works better on coating the tummy and helps with the stomach gurgling and getting them to eat better, as well as working in the intestinal tract for the diarrhea. If diarrhea is the only problem, the capsules will work fine and they're easier to give than the liquid. If you're going with the capsules, our vet said two to start, then follow up any more loose stools with one capsule. The one thing I always remember our vet telling us, that Pepto is a medication that is tried and true and has been around for a very long time, with no significant side effects (other than some black stools, afterwards!) He said that it's been thoroughly tested on humans as well as dogs and he always recommended it as a first line treatment for stomach and stool issues versus something like Immodium, which I know a lot of dog owners swear by. But for my vet, he said always go with the Pepto first. I will keep your precious Daisy in my prayers, so she gets well soon! I hope the Pepto helps. I know it always works for Domino when his tummy gets upset. A little while after giving Daisy the Pepto, try to tempt her to eat something that she really, really likes. That's usually what does the trick for Domino. Once he starts eating a little bit, his stomach is starting to feel better from the Pepto and he realizes how starving he is and then eats his food and the string is broken!