Sweet Baby Jo (non-grey)

Charlies_Dad

We lost our Josey a year ago after 14.5yrs. She was our first and very special little angel. We got her when we lived in an apartment in the suburbs of Montreal when we were not supposed to have pets in the building - that didn't stop us. I remember picking her up and smelling of pee but it was her kisses that got me. She travelled with us everyone, never staying in a kennel and we only left her with my parents on three occasions in her whole life. As my DW always said, she was daddy's little girl and boy was she. When I went on an errand, she would ride up front with me looking out the window fascinated with the world around. When the next doors house went up in flames, she alerted us by standing up at the window and wining. She loved everybody with not a mean streak in her. Kids everywhere gravitated to her, of course they would, she's a Dally. All her life she has lived off a leash, always monitored and always stuck around. Most of her life she live on over 50 acres to run free, sniff and enjoy long walks through the woods with her brother and other two sisters. Her last year was hard on her and I believe hard on us. She contacted glaucoma and I remember the prognosis the vet gave, it shattered me as I knew she was so curious but at 13, losing her vision was not something I wanted for her. I promised I would do everything to help her early on just like all out furry ones. We opted for laser, tried to save the one 'good' eye and dearly hoping the bad eye would be okay. After several lasers and being with her after these procedures, it broke my heart when she whined knowing she had another round. She lost her sight in one eye and we battled for a year for the other but lost that battle in February '07. Once she lost her vision, her quality of life really started to slide, she lost weight, was restless and did not enjoy her walks anymore. All during this time she was with us full-timing in our RV, but she never complained. After a trip up the Eastcoast, she had trouble with one of her back legs and it never got better. She could not place weight on it and walking and standing was poor....we knew it was close to say goodbye. We so wanted to have her pass on in her sleep, but her spirit was strong. Even after making the decision, giving her everything the last couple weeks, when the day came, we still were selfish and wanted her to stay. The vet came to our RV and while sitting on the deck in the sun, her favourite pastime, we said our goodbyes.....it was so hard. I refused the vet's assistance for taking care of her with plans already made to have her cremated by a wonderful lady who by the way has two Greys at the time. I even refused the pickup offered adamant that I would take her all the way to the end, I promised her that and only wished I could take her all the way to the bridge to join her brother. If I could I would have and may not have come back at the time...I will see you again some day Baby Jo. You are my angel.

The good news of all this is that the lady who took care of Baby Jo convinced us it was time to get a Grey. We adopted Charlie only a few weeks after Baby Jo's passing and he helped us through that hard time and has made up fall head over heels for Greys. We can't wait to get another.

Josey:

march2004250.jpg

After losing her sight and some weight:

summer2007006.jpg

Charlie, our new angel:

241_Charlie_and_Friends.jpg

DSC_0192_edited.jpg

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greydogluvr

What a special lady and one tough cookie. She sounds so special and will always remain so in your heart. It sounds like she is doing a great job of watching over you and sending such a special new guy into your life. I am so sorry for your loss.... :grouphug

What a beautiful Angel. How sweet she sent you a babe to help heal your hearts. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

She sure was a beauty... and so is your new baby.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so Sorry. :bighug:bighug:f_pink She was a Beauty, may Josey rest in peace at the Rainbow Bridge.

But it does look like she sent you a angel. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Winterwish

What an absolute sweetheart! Josey,what a real angel! I am so sorry her time to go came,but as I'm sure you feel each day,Josey with you forever. Nothing can come between the bond of love,nothing at all. :grouphug

The pictures of her you put up are just beautiful! Fly free dear Josey ~ :angel:f_pink:candle

And your greyhound Charlie is beautiful too, :heart

:grouphug Your special girl knew you needed another special friend......I think she did a good job bringing Charlie to you.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest greytexplorer

What a lovely remembrance you wrote of your sweet Josey!

And bless you for taking Charlie into your RV. I know how much another pup can ease the pain of loss. Been there.

Welcome to GT.

hugs,

~Pat

I'm so sorry for your loss. We, too, had a Dalmatian and lost her 9 years ago-she was 2 months shy of her 15th

b-day. We still miss Daisy very much. We now have a grey girl, Sherri (along with 2 cats) who is just the love

of our lives. My two favorite breeds-Dals and Greys. Wonderful dogs.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson