Train Really Needs The Power Of Gt Prayers

I would really appreaciate any thoughts or prayers for our sweet brindle boy Train. He has been battling a mystery illness for a couple weeks and lung xrays this morning (taken due to difficulty breathing) found diffuse infection (probably blastomytocis, a fungal infection or lymphoma). He is having more test run now and I am running back to be near him.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending my many prayers. We went down Lymphoma lane with our sweet Lacey and Blasto with our precious Cody Boy. Please update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Adding my prayers and light... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest caiteag

Sending good thoughts and prayers for Train...

Can I ask what Train's racing name was?? Choo has a littermate whose racing name was Train...

Sending best wishes from across the pond :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. It has been a day. The U of I vet med did find blastomycosis in the lymph cells (a systemic fungal infection). Train will spend at least the next 48 hours in ICU in an oxygen cate and begin drug treatment. The drug itself can kill him because he already has poor blood oxygen gas levels and the drug will increase inflamation etc. So he will be on an iv, deramax and possible steroids. Poor Train is my can't be without his pack boy so he is terrified. I am hoping they will let me go in and feed him. I will update more soon. Thanks again. My husband is away and this has just been a terrifying day.

Edited by lovinggreysslp
Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Oh my!!

Chanting loudly!!

*Train, time to choo choo right on outta that station, buddy! Get well, get up, and get home!! :nod Train, time to choo choo right on outta that station, buddy! Get well, get up, and get home!! :nod Train, time to choo choo right on outta that station, buddy! Get well, get up, and get home!! :nod *

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh my!!

Chanting loudly!!

*Train, time to choo choo right on outta that station, buddy! Get well, get up, and get home!! :nod Train, time to choo choo right on outta that station, buddy! Get well, get up, and get home!! :nod Train, time to choo choo right on outta that station, buddy! Get well, get up, and get home!! :nod *

Joining right in. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.