Hampton Roads Virginia Vet Recomendations

Hi everyone.

I wonder in any of the local Virginia folks could help me out in finding a good vet. I am adopting soon and need a place beforehand.

I've looked on the pinned State-by-State Vet List and there was nothing for my area. I've also been looking online but havent found anyplace that says they specialize in hounds. So before I start calling these places one by one (which still doesn't tell me if they're any good) I thought I'd ask you folks to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I'm specifically looking for one in Virginia Beach.

Thank you in advance! :paw

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest das1075

Have you asked your adoption group? I chose a vet in my area based on a recommendation from the president of my group. They're the most likely to have scoop on the area vets.

ETA: My DBF is from Virginia Beach. I've really enjoyed my visits to his family down there!

Edited by das1075

Lisa, I use

Highlands Veterinary Center

1615 Volvo Pkwy

Chesapeake VA

549-8609

They are right on the line of VaBch and Chesapeake.

They have hound experience. I have been there for 20yrs. We are AAHA certified and I make sure we have the latest medical info on hounds.

You can call me at the above number if you have any questions.

Carol

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

My nephew works at a vet office in Virginia Beach. I'll ask him if they have many greyhound clients. Might take few days for a response.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

The vet we use in VB is Dr. Honaker at Bay Beach Veterinary Medical located at 4340 Virginia Beach Blvd. We only recently switched to him because the director of GNAP, Gay Latimer, told us that is where we should be going as he has a lot of experience with Greys. Phone number is 340-3913 if you are interested.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.